Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 4.0

(Topic created on: 09-27-2021 07:32 AM)
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
It's really sad that south africa never, since I had a samsung phone gave us the opportunity to enroll for any sort of beta version of android operating system. As we speak one UI 4.0 is already going for about a month in other countries and still no word of it on the samsung members app of South africa. I turned on my vpn ,and was able to get the Korean version of samsung members, and was actually able to see the beta enrollment opt in ,but was unable to enroll,due to my sim card that was registered in south africa. This also goes for non beta updates, we always receive it it much later than other countries, I wonder when we will receive android 12. I think it is safe to say we will only receive it by January, just as the samsung s22 launches.
Meanwhile I will keep in hoping we get it soon ,really looking forward to one UI 4.0 and android 12,see below some media about this exciting update.
7 Comments
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's not the fact that the simcard is registered in South Africa. The device itself shows the area it's registered in as an African region so it will not work. This is similar to changing the region in galaxy watches to enable ECG.
F23G
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I agree with what you're saying Pierre. Clearly SA isn't a preferred market for Beta testing and feedback despite the number of Samsung users in this country (Loyal and repeat customers)
eaglegold
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung South Africa really needs to makes a plan in getting us part of the Samsung global family
jarrodraine37
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Agreed. Theres no invite to beta test one ui4. Ive been a samsung user from the samsung x600 phone
Toots1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Has anyone ever seen a response from Samsung South Africa on this forum. All they do is chase the money through advertising new Samsung products. Surely they must be aware of customers concern of being excluded from Beta programs, if they were a customer centric organisation they would by now have issued a statement on why South Africa is not part of the Beta program. I am seriously considering going for stock Android Google Pixel devices or move over to iPhone, am on Beta programs on my iPad and MacBook.
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Rumors has it,if my source wasn't lying that pixel will hit South africa next year march,but samsung south africa is so far behind, most probably didn't ever heard of of it,they will only realize afterwards that they have been hit by the Google bus
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It goes like this: " Hello says the death guy to his dead daughter over the broken telephone " Korea will get a heart attack if they see how their products are just thrown like a bone to a dog here in Southern Africa
0 Likes