Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 4.0 first impressions

(Topic created on: 11-23-2021 09:19 PM)
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung did a good job overall,and squashed most of the bugs that was evident in the beta according to other opinions elsewhere.  I also don't see  the 120 hz bug of the USA which the screen reverts to 60 hx as soon as you lift your finger. I tested the extended exposure feature on night mode and I must say I think we have ourself an astro photography winner. I've attached some shots and also did not spend a lot of time tot get a perfect shot,but safe to say,samsung good job! The new keyboard is a bit confusing I still getting used to it,but samsung always has this problem of whatsapp having its own emoji set and the samsung keyboard having it's own emoji set,kinda annoying. The widgets has rounded edges,and youtube minimized has rounded edges as well,looks way better. Little bit of constructive criticism towards samsung is that apple's widgets is more polished still,so dont expect to be wowed beyond expectations, but still at least it looks a bit better and has functions,not just a dashboard that is a shortcut to an app like apple,think more of it as a remote of the app that is placed together on a slate according to your priorities, explicitly for productivity . So far the battery looks as if I will get an hour less, but some apps still need to be optimized in updates for android 12 and the new operating system needs to learn my usage patterns and optimize accordingly.  Animations is a tad better,but not gound breaking, not as much as they say on youtube ,but perhaps I nit pick too much. As for the privacy controls I am not phased too much,I don't have a lot to hide,and my stuff is all with good secure passwords and two factor authentication, so to switch the camera or mic off for the sake of privacy is a novelty,and if I want to use google assistant or my camera,I dont want to first go switch toggles to be able to use it,otherwise the moment is lost. As for the icons that shows up when an app use the mic or camera,come on,yes apple has it, so samsung must also have it . So I can tell the apple user pffftt samsung has it too. For me its typical American paranoia,they are afraid someone will h@ck their phone whilst they do something illegal.  If you live an honest legit life,no need to worry,otherwise something will expose you and your device is not to blame or shouldn't be to blame. Add some of your thoughts as well,this is my short review, still a lot of nerd tinkering to do for a final verdict. Congrats samsung, you were in time and absolutely no credit to samsung south africa, to me samsung SA is just a shipping company of samsung products, absolutely no involvement. They send me the device and my buds and this is where the relationship ended. Mzantsi, great things will come our way,live the dream and thanks for taking the time to read my essays,sometimes tongue lashing companies, but it's really my honest opinion and honesty and feedback is king.

1 Comment
sapmarvins
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Great!
0 Likes