Original topic:

One UI 2.0 for S8, S8+ and Note 8

(Topic created on: 11-13-2019 07:43 PM)
RohanMangatt
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
May I know first hand if Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, Note 8 is getting the One UI 2.0 update? From all the news I've seen so far, it's been talked about how Samsung is giving the boot to the 8th generation line up. I don't clearly understand why as it definitely can't be processor underperforming issues as the device still runs pretty smooth in my opinion so then why the discontinuation thus rendering the line up obsolete? We pay a good price for a premium end Samsung device and for roughly the same price we can get an Apple product and they still support devices 5+ generations back. Why are we not entitled to the same benefits? I strongly believe 2 years is not enough to justify the value of these devices. I hope this message falls under the eyes of people who can help the community out and maybe give us some hope. I still personally love my S8 and am willing to keep it for another year or two.
8 Comments
Ravi0883
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
May be update android 10
0 Likes
Shahid_SQ
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
These devices should receive the update next year! It is the policy of companies to make customers buy latest devices.
0 Likes
Nazid
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
no unfortunately they will nt gt
0 Likes
nathanjdias
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Samsung and every other Android Manufacturer other than Google and One Plus have a 2 year update cycle. The 3rd year you only receive security patches. Now in my personal opinion, updates are obsolete, especially on Samsung devices since they are packed with features that Android generally implements later (eg split screen and dex). If updates are a priority then you should choose Google, One Plus or Apple.
0 Likes
harmanderaulakh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
well oneplus provides major updates like change in android version to 3 year old devices also
0 Likes
satish90
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
no
0 Likes
prakashmj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
we don't need android 10 at least give One UI 2.0 update
Sanjoad7
Beginner Level 3