Original topic:

Official Good Lock Globally

(Topic created on: 11-30-2022 03:45 PM)
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, just a curious question here. 

Why exactly is Good Lock not available in South Africa? What is about it that warrants that it should only be available in a limited number of regions for so long? 

I fail to see why some users have to go an extra mile to get the same features as other regions for the same devices from the same company. It creates some sort of weird division and inconsistencies.
18 Comments
Drake4664
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yaa true we should do less with third party apps. Good lock should be available on compatible phones just like Galaxy Store. Its only a matter of time, sooner than we expect they will discontinue Good lock. All regions should be able to install Good Lock since it's a Samsung product so that we can leave nicelock & finelock to other brands
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It's even weirder when you consider the fact that we are using NiceLock to use features that only work on Samsung devices 😂 and we are doing that on a Samsung device. To get Samsung features on your Samsung, download a freaking third-party app.
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No one knows the real reason why that app is reginally locked. It's not like call recording that can be blocked by certain countries' legislations. I don't see how the law could prevent us from customing our software experience unless I am missing something....
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
My point exactly. They are not even doing a good job of making sure we can't use it. If it had to be region-locked because of laws, then they would be finding workarounds for apps like NiceLock and FineLock and not allow users to access the features. But at this point it just seems it's just region-locked for no reason whatsoever.
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Last year they said it would be available in more countries

https://www.sammobile.com/news/these-new-good-lock-features-wider-availability-soon/

But it seems like they added less than 5 countries onto the existing list.

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/it-is-time-for-our-yearly-rant-on-samsung-good-lock-region-locked/
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I think we are somewhere close to the very bottom of their lists when it comes to being prioritized.
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Just download Nicelock from the Playstore, problem solved ...
0 Likes
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
That's not the problem to be solved. I've been using NiceLock for years now. The question is "Why is GoodLock not available everywhere instead of some regions having to download apps like NiceLock?"
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I honestly don't know, it's dumb I mean the app with all the different modules add so many customisable features
0 Likes