Original topic:

Official Good Lock Globally

(Topic created on: 11-30-2022 10:54 AM)
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, just a curious question here. 

Why exactly is Good Lock not available in South Africa? What is about it that warrants that it should only be available in a limited number of regions for so long? 

I fail to see why some users have to go an extra mile to get the same features as other regions for the same devices from the same company. It creates some sort of weird division and inconsistencies.
18 Comments
codes
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Let's just stop buying samsung smartphones,it's too stressful....(my new movement)
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Slowly getting there now. Users of different manufacturers don't have to wonder what features their devices will get compared to the exact same device in a different region.
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
We might say this as a joke but I know people who moved away for the same reason. When I said I'm also thinking of moving some said is not a reason enough.

The fact that Samsung treat us as Africans differently from other regions doesn't sit well with me.

We don't get Good Lock, Beta software and our updates comes very late compare to other regions.

It **bleep** 😔
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It is very annoying. It's reason enough to switch, in my opinion. If I can't have features differentiating my device with iPhone then what am I losing by switching to it 🤷🏻 what's more annoying is that the other people elsewhere with the same device get better stuff.
S21-ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You can use NiceLock for samsung on play store......as a work round
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have been using that for years now. The issue is why should I be using a 3rd-party app that simulates a Samsung feature on a Samsung device.

And I don't like the idea of having to get some modules on apkmirror when there is literally a Galaxy Store on my phone. That's also a security risk.
S21-ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Totally agree
0 Likes
Drake4664
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I also wanted to ask the same question. Its something they should take into consideration. I use nicelock but it's not that good
GeneralLudd
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
And for some modules, you still need to have Good Lock installed so they can work, just so it's installed. So that's Good Lock + Nice Lock to get Theme Park to work.
0 Likes