Original topic:

ONE PLUS 5/5T gets android 10 but S8 Won't

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 02:21 PM)
sammy25
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung really need to change its update policy for its flagship phones atleast or else it will lose a huge customer base to its rivals.
S8 is such a beauty but of no use if it doesn't get latest software updates.
I really appreciate oneplus for their software policies.
11 Comments
saltaf
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
That's the difference between Oneplus and Samsung. Customer satisfaction is more important that Samsung doesn't care.
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I would say still Samsung S8 on Pie has more features and One UI 1 looks better than OnePlus 5T running Android 10.. Though I am not defending Samsung for not giving 3 upgrades, In fact they should as their phones are costlier than One Plus.
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
@rishi26 That's just software skin but the major point is there should software support for flagships.
0 Likes
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@sammy Yeah I agree that they must support their flagships for atleast 3 OS upgrades. But I just wanted to point out Samsung works hard on their SW so that's why OnePlus even on Android 10 don't have all that customization and features Samsung S8 offers with its UI. Samsung's UI is visually appealing and performance has also been great with One UI so far. If they start providing 3 OS it will be ideal for Flagship users.
Rishi4D
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah, Atleast 3 major upgrades should be there.
Galaxy S
and if we talk about I phone, they provide 5 major os update
sammy25
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
OH man your are speaking about the Gods😅. Well they have less variety of phones to support for so they can do that and moreover Samsung licences android from google so thats another caveat.
Galaxy S
yeh that's what makes it different..
0 Likes
ackynegi
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
if you upgrade your s8 to op8 after 3 or 4 year you still get name 8 😁
0 Likes