Original topic:

Note 7 Vs S7 Edge after replacement.

(Topic created on: 11-08-2016 02:10 PM)
JimmyA
Options
Galaxy S
I have been using both S series and Note for the past 5 years, i can safely say that yhe Note 7 was the best.Got my Note 7 on August 3rd and used it till 20th of September.
Got my S7 Edge Blue coral 2 days ago and i can instantly tell the difference knowing that they have almost the same specs.
1- Battery on Note 7 was far more better knowing it's 100mAh less, i guess the power saving modes and software made the difference. I use it a lot during the day, there are around 2 hours difference in favor of Note 7 although i read many places the opposite. Was getting 12 hours no power saving, up to 18 with power saving.
2- Haven't noticed any performance differences, working almost the same.
3- The iris scanner was very helpful and useful, at least for me.
4- The pen is so helpful, specially when cropping a pic or a screenshot before sending.
5- Both have a very bad speaker compared to other phones, and a bad speaker placement where my pinky always covers the sound.
6- I like the grip of S7 edge better, but still say that note 4 beats them all, felt more firm and tight in my hand, Note 7 always fell, i hated that but got used.
7- Infrared was useful as a remote control for the TVs, but got over it in Note 7.
8- 64 GB is wayyy better, knowing that i also had a 128 gb MMC.
9- The most important difference, is the OS. The Note 7 was amazing, how the notification panel changed, u can open the options of wifi or any other button there, the lighting edge worked for all apps and was not limited to native ones or just calls and messages, there was no need to install a 3rd party app.

I wouldn't have returned it if it wasn't for the travel hassle in each airport, i wish the batteries were replaced, i waited 45 days hoping that there will be a solution but gave up 2 days ago. Will definitely wait for the next one.
7 Comments
Flower92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
nice review. I agree on most of it. I would also mention the finger print sensor on s7e is slow compared to n7. On n7 I would just tap my finger and it would open immediately. here on s7e I have to press 2 or 3 times.
I also gave up on n7 because of the travel hassel otherwise it was the best of all.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I honestly didn't use it on N7, bt I'm sure it's more improved like u experienced.
0 Likes
cufx7f
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
thanks
0 Likes
cufx7f
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
gshs
0 Likes
cufx7f