Original topic:

Not getting software updates on Galaxy S9+

(Topic created on: 10-26-2019 07:39 PM)
warfighter141cosmic
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there. Been using my galaxy s9+ for almost a year....and haven't got a single software update since purchase.

It should be noted that the variant I got is a south east asian model which has a activated regional lock. Maybe this is the reason why I'm not receiving any update.

So what can I do now? Can regional samsung care help me on this regard? Thanks in advance.
9 Comments
Jeyaram
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, better visit samsung care directly. So that they provide you the latest update.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
you only get update according to that specific region basis...according to Indian security patch update you will not eligible to update your device...Indian service center can't do anything about that
Galaxy S
I'm from Bangladesh. One of my friends suffered the same problem and eventually ended up seeking the assistance of sam-care. Unfortunately, they provided no support.

But the fact is, can't they just install the latest regional firmware on the device? I mean they definitely have that firmware...so why do they refuse to do it?
0 Likes
billa1989
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What @photographys9 said is true. The region locks exist from Android 6 onwards. Sammy cannot do anything... However you could take it up with Samsung Global. They could give exception and update your serial number in case if your variant is same. Send it through email...
Galaxy S
Hi dear, if the model number of your device is same as of Indian variant, you can manually install the latest firmware.
Please note that resetting a device with a sim card which doesn't belongs to the country of origin of the device will also disable OTA updates in newer models. Have you ever reset your device?
Galaxy S
Yeah I did. But without a sim card.
it didn't fix the problem.

And I can't manually install firmwares from boot menu...pretty depressing..

0 Likes
Galaxy S
How you can install firmware from boot menu? I can't understand.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Can you please do me a favour and like this post? Thankyou!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Diwali-with-Galaxy/td-p/2625921
0 Likes