Original topic:

Not able to boot to Recovery Mode

(Topic created on: 01-24-2022 02:32 PM)
adzires
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey Guys,
I want to clear cache partition of my Galaxy S10 lite and tried rebooting my phone into Recovery mode using several sequences of Volume and Power keys. However, I'm not able to boot into Recovery and my phone simply boots back normally.
Even samsung care gave me a sequence but that reboots into Safe mode, and not the Recovery mode. I did it several times in the past but seems they have changed the procedure with recent OneUI upgrade.
Can anyone please share the correct way?
18 Comments
Bhava003
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Reboot into Recovery Mode on Samsung’s Android 11 One UI 3.0 Firmware Update

1.Hold the Power button of your device till the power menu pops up and select Power Off.
2.Wait for your device to turn off completely.
3.Plug-in a USB-C data cable connected to your PC or USB-C earphones in your device.
4.Now, check if your device has a Bixby Button (Such as Galaxy S10/Note10):
*Without Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Power Button for a few seconds.
*With Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Bixby Button + Power Button for a few seconds.
5.And you will boot into Recovery mode.
rohitsingla
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

great.. works by connecting datacable to PC

DeKlerk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Beside having your phone connected to USB or ear plugs, you need to do one more thing.

Today I found out you have to switch off USB Debugging in de Developers Options too. With this option switched on you cannot enter the Recovery mode.

adzires
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Well it finally worked after following below sequence.
1. Make sure Developers Mode is disabled
2. Switch off the phone, wait for 20 seconds, and connect to PC using a USB (not sure if Mac works too)
3. Now quickly press Volume Up and Power key
*The trick here is to press the keys as soon as you connect the USB cable to phone, otherwise if charging icon appears and you try this key combination, phone will boot normally.

Congrats, you should now be in recovery mode.
Galaxy S

Yes it works.

But no one seems to find this unacceptable from Samsung. We bought a plateform for its features, one of them is being able to switch to recovery mode easily. It seems Samsung decided again to make it hard for us and without any explanation they remove a feature and you need that dumb procedure to be able to use it as you did when you bought it. The Samsung's behavior just baffles me.

adzires
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Absolutely true 👍
The belief that major smartphone manufacturers like Samsung are the best, is just a delusion. New market players are much more capable and their products are affordable yet as good and efficient as these so called flagships.
I've myself seen an older generation smartphone at 1/4th the price, taking much better pictures than my S10 lite, yet Samsung promoted it as a phone with revolutionary camera technology.
Now I realize that I paid that extra money to help them run their ad campaigns.
0 Likes
JohnC1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Finally this did actually work (with a Mac incidentally) you have to be quick with the cable / buttons though!

0 Likes
Phone user
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

As ShayanDan says - you must be plugged into PC with USB C port (using the cord with USB C on BOTH ends. 

Ypetr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Plug in the device into charger and then press volume up and bixby and after pressing them while keeping them pressed, you need to press the power button and keep all the 3 buttons pressed till recovery mode starts.

0 Likes