Original topic:

No option for Schedule restart in Android 13

(Topic created on: 01-16-2023 08:35 PM)
ImrealAsad
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
In device care there is a option of restart which helps the mobile to refresh but the problem is that in Android 12 there was a option of scheduling that restart option and by which we were able to choose days and timing of restarting but now in Android 13 there is no option of scheduling the phone restart and the device will automatically restart itself when not in use which I think a useless option of turning it on. 
9 Comments
Darsh1n
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah, I just checked. Its really missing. Would love to have it back.
ImrealAsad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Absolutely
piyussh07
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hmm, it was better earlier
ImrealAsad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yah
0 Likes
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
Kindly use a genuine Samsung charger.

Note: We always recommend using a genuine Samsung charger for charging your device.
There are two methods to disable the auto-restart function
Method 1

Please follow the below steps:
Step1: Navigate to the app's screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on General management.
Step3: Tap on Reset.
Step4: enabled Auto restart .

Please follow the below steps:
Step1: Go to "Settings"
Step2: Tap on "Battery and device care"
Step3: Tap on Three dots
Step4: Tap on "Automation"
Step5: Disable "Auto-restart at set times" if disable

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes
Ajitdash
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Both the option not available
Members_sEb6dt7
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

The "Auto optimisations" option in android 13 is useless compared to schedule restart in earlier android versions. 

If " Auto optimisation" is turned  means phone will only restart when it's not in use ( for many people it it will be mostly when they are asleep) and android 13 wont allow any messages, calls and apps to function unless phone is manually unlocked.

That means we will miss many important messages, mails etc and more importantly for people like me who are diabetec and use cgm ( continues glucose monitors ) sensors are highly in risk of having strokes or loosing their lives.

Hope samsung fixes this ASAP. 

0 Likes
Members_sEb6dt7
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

The "Auto optimisations" option in android 13 is useless compared to schedule restart in earlier android versions. 

If " Auto optimisation" is turned  means phone will only restart when it's not in use ( for many people it it will be mostly when they are asleep) and android 13 wont allow any messages, calls and apps to function unless phone is manually unlocked.

That means we will miss many important messages, mails etc and more importantly for people like me who are diabetec and use cgm ( continues glucose monitors ) sensors are highly in risk of having strokes or loosing their lives.

Hope samsung fixes this ASAP. 

md_dev
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I also missing auto restart schedule option in A53 5g
0 Likes