Original topic:

No 5g in S20 Ultra is a big dissapointment

(Topic created on: 04-26-2020 06:01 PM)
VaibhavMoon
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
S20 Ultra was launched with a big price tag and still misses something that every phone manufacturer is providing for much lesser price which is 5g.
Buying S20 Ultra now feels like a big mistake when smartphone makers like One Plus, Motorola are coming up with 5g enabled flagships with almost same specifications (Moto edge plus too has 108MP camera which might not be same but still 1st gen sensor) at much lesser price point. 
Currently we don't know about when 5g will be available in India but who knows it might be around the corner. You can not predict about technology these days and S20 series is already feeling outdated atleast in countries where they are shipped with Exynos 990 processor - LTE variant.

Samsung should really know about what these things could do to their reputation and might only push people away from future devices.
8 Comments
DeepakAsir
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
5g mobile come means also waste still 4g only working
still 4g not in all places
samsung is selling there 5G phone in 5G market

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
sudhirbaliyan
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
very well said. I am very disappointed.
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
the moment I read about s20 ultra having only 128gb and only 12gb ram I knew this model is a failure because a device like this with restricted processing power will fail the minute it launched
it would have been better if they gave the 16gb version with 512 gb internal a beast like this requires space to run full stretch
I had earlier thought of exchanging my note 10 plus but I stepped down from this idea
because my note has 12gb and 512gb internal and is blazing fast so anything above 12gb ram would be a better bargain but s20 was a letdown👎👎👎👎🤔😫😫😫😫😫
even if 5g is not there in india still other highlighted features could have been launched and made it a success but poor samsung 😫😫😫😫😫🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
VaibhavMoon
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Exactly it's not just about 5g but the whole package. Just 12GB ram and 128 GB doesn't justify the price tag and some one already owning a last gen Note device would not feel a difference but only a downgrade. If 108MP was enough to justify the price, then I must say that Samsung was being overambitious as me owning this phone can say that 108MP is nice but I can't see that much detail that they advertise about in their commercials and 100X zoom is just pure marketing, in fact going over 30x is unbearable. And everyone knows about autofocus issue which can't be fixed completely by updates.

I anyone wants to save money, they can go for Note 10 plus.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
yes youre right
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
it's not last gen next gen note 20 is coming maybe it'll be a combination of s20 ultra camera with note 10 plus backbone a great combo👍👍👍👍👍
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
and the videos u see on utube are all American version 16gb 512gb with 5g where actual power of 100x is seen
https://youtu.be/HB3plusdO0Q
but in india 😫😫😫😭😭😭😭😭
0 Likes
digitalAuthor
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
is the s20 Ultra LTE version hardware even capable of 5G?
0 Likes