Original topic:

New petition signed against Samsung!

(Topic created on: 03-25-2020 03:11 AM)
M1A1
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys! Wassup? In the times when almost the all of the World is locked out owing to the dangerous Chinese Virus COVID-19, Samsung flagship devices are facing a lockdown of their own. Recently a petition has been signed against the company for using the inferior Exynos chips in its smartphones except in USA, Canada and China where it uses the Snapdragon SoC in its smartphone. The petition is available on change.org
Not only this but also at their 51st annual shareholders meeting in South Korea, shareholders vociferously raised this issue. 
I am reiterating that Samsung should bring the 3.5 mm headphone jack back and also start using the Snapdragon SoC in their premium devices. I am sharing a video link for your reference.

8 Comments
M1A1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Kalpesh_7702
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
ya all need to understand, bringing 3.5 mm jack isn't a good move at all. and there shouldn't be problem if you are getting USB-C earphones.
talking about Exynos, there is no reason to stop the production. It is new and is developing. In 2020 Exynos will use AMD GPUs, so give it time. and yes, there would be probably an alternate version of Note 20 featuring SD internationally.
0 Likes
M1A1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
So, do you mean to say that those who bought Exynos 990 fitted S20 series mobiles are fools? Supplying the Type C earphones isn't the solution. As consumers, if most of want that 3.5 mm headphone jack slot back, we should be obliged. It should be our choice not the choice of Samsung. Sony and Motorola have brought the jack back in their smartphones. Would you mind if I ask you how much Samsung paid you to defend them?
0 Likes
Kalpesh_7702
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
i dont understand why we can't reply a reply..
anyways getting to the point.

the thing is if you are purchasing a 70k phone, there shouldn't be a problem buying the galaxy buds, also considering the massive price cutout when you buy a new one. yeah, for now, jack is must in mid rangers, but there is no point of putting it in flagships. and if u sag it a business strategy, yes it is, but it is not alone.
just see the competition in wireless buds sector. majority of people want them(the flagship owners) and find it cool than the jack.
also Note10+ is a phone with spen. they had to ditch it, and can't bring it back again. a majority would be happy to see bigger and better batteries or any other improvements which could have been halted by the jack. and you are giving examples of those companies which don't even exist properly now

coming to Exynos
it is not Exynos being bad, it is just that SD is better. you hate it because you watch the youtubers comparing both. in real life you won't even get to know about all those things.

but yeah, I consider the point that paying 70k and not getting a better chipset is bad. and yes it is, but that doesn't mean stopping the production. Exynos is relatively new to market and they do work to make it better. what's the problem, in 2020 u r getting AMD GPUs in Exynos chipset, which will make it better or equal to SD.
my point is instead of signing in a petition to stop the production, it rather should be to provide an alternative to Note20. Featuring Exynos in the variant with lowest price.

and talking of me being a Samsung biased..lol
you don't even know how much I bash them regarding their poor budget and mid range marketing in India..
there is not a single problem in their flagships, just they should provide a SD alternative till the AMD partnership make Exynos better
0 Likes
M1A1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
How can you put an external microphone on a USB Type C slot? Tell me. If we can pay 70k then is it necessary that we should pay another 10-15k for buds? Who is the King then? Consumer or Samsung?
0 Likes
Kalpesh_7702
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
bruh, those are Buds, with a number of new features. I and many who are spending on a 70k device, do not want messy wires. It is clean. And you do not get the buds at 10-15k when you purchase it with the phone..it costs way cheaper.
mic? for professional recording, who put mic in a phone? everyone use audacity for pc.
and if you still want in mobile, purchase any adapter! and just to note, if you aren't going for professional recording, it's inbuilt is good enough then those cheap microphones.

also we will be getting type c mic soon. won't it be good. all accessories in same connection?

it is just a transition period..and tbh, there is no need to raise such issues
0 Likes
M1A1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Image processing is better on Snapdragon. Shutter speed is better on Snapdragon. Gaming is fluid on Snapdragon. Battery life is better on Snapdragon. Heating is less on Snapdragon. And you are saying that we won't be able to notice the difference!
0 Likes
thwong70
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Would you be able to help me to sign a petition to bring back the 3.5mm jack and microsd slot.  Sign in my petition here: http://chng.it/zJXpwTz9Td

thanks

0 Likes