Original topic:

New Good Lock module - RegiStar

(Topic created on: 11-26-2022 11:08 AM)
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys,

Post updating my S21Ultra to One UI 5.0, I had noticed that Good Lock has added a new module called " RegiStar" in the Life up section (initially it will be at the extreme end of it).

This provides plenty of customizations such as, 

1. Settings menu can be rearrange. 
2. Specific settings can only be shown 
3. Setting change history can be tracked and saved
4. Our samsung account's email address in the settings can be hide.
5. There are tons of options now for side key press And hold action . (previously there were only three, I guess.)
6. Last and my favorite is the back tap action. Here we can select a specific action to trigger when we double or Tripple tap at the back of the device. Taking screenshot, awakening Google assistant, opening a specific app are few examples.

So guys, update your Good lock app and enjoy. 

Good luck 👍 

9 Comments
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I do like the Back-Tap action, but the only problem is a running in background notification in the notification panel, I tried to turn off the notification but there's no way to turn off or hide that notification. I don't know whether it drains the battery or not.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I do have the same worry.

But the back tap action feature is what I loved most.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Now with new update released to this module, there is no background running notification.
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes got it. 🙌 But my only concern is will it drain the battery in the background? Because when I open to close all the app from recently opened apps, it shows on top registar is running in background.SmartSelect_20221206_105838_One UI Home_1000007216_1670310245.jpg
0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah. Understood 👍

Anyway, I have switched it ON and let me check my battery consumption.
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Let me know if is there any difference in battery consumption.
0 Likes
NARP1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Back tap action is awesome 😇
bbbobbbo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello! I too have installed registar these last days and love the back tap action which comes very handy.

Question for you guys who have already been running registar for several months now:

how's battery life on your devices? Does registar take any toll on it?

0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hello, when it was newly launched, during that period, it used to drain the battery but later it received updates which claimed that the battery performance has been improved. But frankly speaking, I am not using this Good Lock module much.
0 Likes