Original topic:

My s8 plus heats up while charging and USB burnt

(Topic created on: 10-09-2018 04:23 PM)
Hnagah
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I bought my s8 plus August 2017 and yesterday my USB port heated up while charging and burnt my USB wire . It now stopped charging and would heat up when ever I try charging it. It’s ridiculous that a little over a year from buying the phone this happens. It shows how durable this phone is. I live in Canada and tried contacting Samsung Canada but they said they can’t help because there is no international warranty with Samsung . !!!!! This is very disappointing and now I’m writing on all the forums how bad qualit the Samsung phones are !
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
the same here for my Note 8
0 Likes
Sahaxp
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Maybe you did something wrong, I had a lot of Samsung, and everything just worked perfectly, and now my s9 + works without failures. Just you are not lucky that's all.
SidS1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same here. Happened 3 days ago - dead phone in 1 year and 2 weeks after I bought it at carrefour. For past few months phone was giving "moisture detected while charging" error while using USB charging port. The message was on and off and was not happening all the time. I checked online and it seem to be very common problem with this model as there are thousands of post with this error online. The suggestion in Samsung forums that I checked was to clear USB cache, restart while charger connected or use wireless charger. I did not contact Samsung support as I was using wireless charger as suggested. Nowhere it was mentioned that it is a hardware issue. Three days ago while trying to charge from usb, I could smell a burnt smell and port was hot. Since then the phone does not charge even with the wireless charger. Went to Samsung repair and they said the mother board has gone and I need to pay almost the price of new phone to replace it. How could a modern day phone die in 1 year even using the official charging port and following all suggestions? Never had such thing in past with all the phones that I owned. Now I need to buy a new phone :( . Please do something about it Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
same with my A7 2017
0 Likes