Original topic:

My S20 plus is heating when doing small tasks

(Topic created on: 01-23-2021 10:04 PM)
navaneeth7067
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S20 ultra is heating like a hot plate.. My phone comes with exynos 990. battery life is so poor.. I don't expect this from Samsung.. I should have gone for OnePlus which comes with Snapdragon.. why Samsung you push us to this stupid exynos chipset 😭 Phone is good but this processor is trash. Anyone please tell any method to stop this heating and improve battery life... Otherwise I'm returning my phone.. I just bought it yesterday. It's very pathetic to see such a reputed company pushing this kind of faulty processor in a flagship phone 😔. I feel cheated. We should do something about it.. They are giving same phone with good qaulity Snapdragon processor in US, Canada , South Korea and China.. and we are getting this faulty processor at exact same price 😤

Ps: I have questions to fellow S20 plus users . Should I return it or not?
44 Comments
Galaxy S
Mine also
Galaxy S
My phone heats like an iron and I would use it to iron my clothes😅
navaneeth7067
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
True bro😅
Galaxy S
#boycott990
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Cant 😐, after i paid 47k for it on October from Samsung.in . Now i have get used to warm 😑. Its not heating here, just warm up when multi-tasking. I can feel it with a case on. Was that price drop a sales trick 🏃
navaneeth7067
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I bought S20+ for 44k ... But now I also feel this price drop was a trick to cheat us with this crappy processor... Snapdragon version is amazing. Didn't have this problem
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I bought it three months back from Samsung .in sale, it got over in November 8th, price waa 50k, i got some card discount and got it at 47k
navaneeth7067
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
are you suggesting exchange this piece and buy new S20+ or full return the phone and take a another phone like OnePlus ?
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
If you game a lot then, better return and get a oneplus, i dont feel exynos 990 is gonna improve a lot. It has improved a lot with updates. Earlier it used to become in iron box as i heard it with some. Peeps, now its not there atleast in my unit. But device warms up a bit when multi-tasking and heavy gaming. Battery backup is decent for me
You can check my above post with battery life status. The kernel needs some time to adapt. So you can judge battery life by a week or so