Original topic:

Music gone from internal storage

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 05:25 PM)
Javid92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. I just discovered that over 1000 mp3 songs have disappeared from my internal storage and I don't know why. This is extremely frustrating. I've checked my music and download folders and suddenly everything is deleted.. I suspect this happened after the last update on phone. I need help to restore it back somehow!! 

Has anybody else experienced this? 

52 Comments
ryiki pierson
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

This is just happening to me now, i downloaded like 50 songs from some youtube downloader and listened to them for about a week until they stopped showing up in my playlist, but some of my newer songs were unaffected, and now they are also "gone", i say it like tgis because they are still there, but they got converted into a different type of file, and when i transferred them onto my computer, they sounded normal, so the file just became useless, and there doesnt seem to be any apps that can view this type of file

0 Likes
BJHawk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes, can confirm, just started to happen to me. At first I thought it was update because it happened after one. Now it disappeared without update. Luckily it doesn't affect me much. I don't listen to downloaded music anymore and use other cloud apps, but it affects my alarms, so I notice it immediately. This is very concerning and Samsung silence confirms there is some shady **bleep** behind the scenes. I don't even have high end model, simple A41.

0 Likes
angel777
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

it's happening to me too, I thought I was going crazy, I know for a fact I didn't delete them, after a week of having them in my library they just disappeared

teleksterling
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Yep, me too. Note20 Ultra 5G here.

**bleep** frustrating. Mine is a set of audio meditation tracks. I have a copy in my OneDrive, but the local copy keeps getting deleted. 

0 Likes
Don105
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have just discovered that some of my music files have disappeared from my S10. Not a happy bunny. I have used samsung phones for years but I'm afraid this will be my last one.

padfo0ot
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Happens to my music files on SD card too. Only empty folders left!

Who really makes backup from the music file and waste the storage space? Is this your plan to recommend restoring the lost files instead solving the main problem?

Since a year users are reporting this!

0 Likes
Galaxy S

same here. Samsung fixing problems that don't exist in updates, but adding automatic song delete. :((((

Babuuz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same happened to me and keep happening to this minute,Galaxy A50,"SAMSUNG" can your technical team take this issue seriosly?,its very very annoying and dissapointing,thinking of switching to other brands with appropriate user support.

jhyvarinen
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Happens all the time on my phone. I make my own music and every time i upload a song to my phone it deletes random songs every couple weeks. Why dont you idiots fix this already?!

0 Likes
mstorms
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yep, just shelled out $1800 for a ZFold 3 and my music has disappeared.  How disgusting.  The title still shows up on the play list, but the music doesn't play.  Can I have my Note 8 back and a full refund? 

0 Likes