Original topic:

Music gone from internal storage

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 05:25 PM)
Javid92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. I just discovered that over 1000 mp3 songs have disappeared from my internal storage and I don't know why. This is extremely frustrating. I've checked my music and download folders and suddenly everything is deleted.. I suspect this happened after the last update on phone. I need help to restore it back somehow!! 

Has anybody else experienced this? 

52 Comments
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Was the music downloaded from YouTube Music/ Gaana or any such app?
0 Likes
Javid92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Most of it was transferred from my previous device and a lot of it I downloaded from YouTube using download site from Google. I don't how this can happen. 

satishnambiar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Generally it doesn't happen while software update at least in samsung phone I have this type of problems in other phones.Does your internal storage shows the difference.
0 Likes
Javid92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My internal storage also shows that all of the songs are gone. I've got like 90 songs left. I had around 1600 mp3 files. 

When this happened to you, did you manage to recover the mp3s back somehow? 

cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would like to inform you that please check if you have synced your data with your Gmail or Samsung account then you may retrieve your data. (Go to settings>>Accounts & backup>>Backup & restore>>Restore data)

However, if data has been lost accidentally and you have not taken any backup then there is no way to retrieve your data. For future we recommend you to take back up in phone.

Install Smart Switch App from Samsung galaxy Store.

Data backup process via 'Smart Switch Mobile App'>Open Smart Switch App >Click on Memory Card Icon >Backup option >Choose the data for Backup >Backup.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Javid92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi. Unfortunately I haven't backed up any of the music files. I know for a fact that I didn't delete my music files. They were spread across several different folders..  This looks a bug or some faulty with my Samsung device. Just a couple of days after the recent software update my mp3 files were suddenly gone.. 

I'm never buying a smasung phone again.. This is absolutely disgusting.. 

2fast4u
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue unfortunately.

Every few weeks I notice that a dozen or so mp3's disappeared from my phone.

I have yet to figure out the cause.

miklish
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue.

I even tested this... I made a second folder called SafeMusic. Any file I put in the Music folder, I make a copy of in the SafeMusic folder.

And yes, every few days, some of the files in Music dissappear, but I can still see them in SafeMusic.

It seems that the phone is automatically deleting music files that are more than about a week old.

Cab2105
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This is ridiculous.  Everyone postpones your updates to the last possible second anyway, and now we can't even refuse them because you force them into the phone. Years of all my favorites from all my previous Samsung devices: gym, chill, even had a calming playlist that kept me sane on deployment man; Gone. All for fixing stuff that wasn't broken. I really hope this wasn't yall implanting any malware...like Apple. I know with your recent attempts on new flagship devices, and the battery fiasco w the Note 7,  the court of public opinion must've made it a bit of a rough go the past five yrs or so compared to the massive boom prior to. Im curious to know how many of you on this thread are using anything newer than a note 10 plus? This is not a good look, and you all need to fix this Samsung. You can't go messing with your consumer's music like this. It's a small issue on the grand scheme, but the principle is Everything! Should it go viral that we can't trust your devices with our music then that's a whole other can you gotta deal with. You, and apple can get on without me just fine, I'm sure, but you'll definitely lose way more should this persist... Plenty of manufactures avail in '21. Peace.