Original topic:

May 2021 security patch S20FE Exynos

(Topic created on: 05-21-2021 06:33 PM)
Vidhru
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi
 Did anyone get the may 2021 security patch update for their s20 series phones in India..I got one today but still says april2021 security patch and the update is for some general fixes..

Edit: my phone has crashed and gone into a switched off mode couple of times after the update..was able to hard restart only after 15 to 20 minutes..for info of those not updated yet

11 Comments
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Try clearing cache from recovery. If that does not fix it seems like a wrong string bug in patch code. They forgot to change security month variable from april to may lol. Don't worry security update must be applied either way. I think it will be a string value issue.
Vidhru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks gladius314 ..won't put it beneath #Samsung to do such typos..these are the same guys who tweeted official marketing posts from iPhone.. Screenshot_20210521-181531_Software update.jpg
Maddy210
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Recieved the same version as u got... i think for may security patch we have to wait a while. As they are working on heat fix, hopefully they resolve it and provide it with may security patch.
Vidhru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I believe for the heat fix they have to replace the chipset in my exynos 990 4g variant..no amount of updates is gonna fix that 😜
Maddy210
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Lol, seems true😂😂
0 Likes
innocentone
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Have camera improved even a little bit? Any upgrade on battery level or resolve of heating issue?
0 Likes
Vidhru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Too early to say..will have to use for a few days..
0 Likes
pradeep_007
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Does heating issue is resolved to some extent after April's 2nd update?

0 Likes
Vidhru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Nope..the phone gets 🔥 when you play videos,games or shoot videos for long..please do not expect the heating issue to be solved with software as it is a hardware(chipset performance) issue in 4g exynos variant..
0 Likes