Original topic:

March 2020 security update out now for Galaxy Note 8 and S8 series

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 10:17 AM)
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S

March 2020 security patch is now rolling out to two more smartphone models, the Galaxy S8 series and the Galaxy Note 8. Unsurprising given the age of these models, the update doesn’t add any new software features but ensures that the security of these devices remains up to the current standards.

After the Galaxy S9 and Note 9, the Galaxy Z Flip, and numerous other mid-range and ex-flagship devices, Samsung is now rolling out the March 2020 security patch for the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 in countless regions. As usual, the update addresses various security issues found in both Android OS and Samsung’s own software, and you can read more about them in our monthly report.

In regions where the firmware is presently available, eligible smartphone owners should be greeted by an update notification, but they can always access the Settings app, go to Software update, and tap Download and install to try to trigger the update process if the notification is running late. Another method to obtain the update is to simply visit our firmware archive for the Galaxy S8S8+, and Note 8, download the firmware for your specific model and region, and install it on your phone using a Windows PC.

Have you received the March 2020 security patch on your Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8? Let us know in the comment section.

Credits: SamMobile

6 Comments
Daredevil7Z
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
and wow...we havent even got February patch....stupid samsung india
0 Likes
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You will get the update as it rolls out gradually to larger number of users. Request your patience.
Thank You.
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I got the March patch and my Note 8 is an Indian model only. Have you rooted / modified your device in any way?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
😂 s9 is still on jan patch
ankitgorana2
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
please tell me Samsung Galaxy Note 8 android 10 confirmed
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S