Original topic:

Many Samsung Galaxy S20 Displays Are Dying Due to an Unknown Issue

(Topic created on: 07-16-2021 09:39 AM)
_Sayujya_
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
An unknown issue with the Samsung Galaxy S20 series is causing the device’s displays to turn white or green, leaving the smartphone without a functioning screen. The issue was first discovered a few months back and is known to affect the Samsung Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra devices.

Samsung Galaxy S20 – Green Screen of Death

Now, it is not unusual for a smartphone to run into display issues. We have seen many iPhone 12 units, despite having the best-rated displays in the market, suffer from grave screen-related issues last year. However, the current issue in the Samsung Galaxy S20 series is practically un-fixable and is affecting a substantial amount of users around the world.

It starts, in almost all cases, by showing unusual scan lines on the display of the devices. Shortly after, the issue starts to spread. It eventually turns the screen white or green in some cases. Some experts and users have also given the issue the moniker of “Green Screen of Death”, clearly referring to Windows’ infamous Blue Screen of Death.

The problem was first spotted back in May 2021, when a guy shared a video showcasing the issue on his Galaxy S20 Ultra on YouTube. You can check out the video right below.https://youtu.be/SdAlJF_-w4Q

In the video description, the S20 Ultra user says that the issue affected his device without any external physical damage. It is the same in the case of other users who have reported the issue since then.

The Fix?

Coming to solutions, unfortunately, there isn’t any, as of now. A moderator on Samsung’s official forum suggested affected users boot their devices in safe mode and reset them. However, going by the following comments, the fix did not seem to work for many users. As a result, several users with the issue had to replace the entire display of their devices to fix the issue.

Samsung has not officially addressed the said display issue in the Galaxy S20 series yet. However, if the issue persists and starts affecting more users, we hope the Korean giant will address it in the future.

Mine one happened the same😭😭

CipherF10
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Regarding exposing number, we will put whatsapp invite link here. People who wish to join can join.
anupchhajed
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
SAME PROBLEM HAVE OCCUR AS SOON AS MY WARRANTY ENDS WHITE SCREEN WITH LINES ON MY DISPLAY AND AFTER DOING ALL THE THINGS I HAVE JUST GIVEN MY PHONE FOR REPLACEMENT OF MY DISPLAY
_Sayujya_
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
My J8 is now better than my S21
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconvenience. We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

anupchhajed
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have already visited your care they told me to replace and i have to do it by giving money 💰 but its your company issue you should not charge for it
We have booked in pre booking an with in a year your display is blank
praveenkpd123
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Today same problem on my s20 ultra 13 month old 😔
praveenkpd123
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Green and white 20210729_155517_58735.jpg
Nasheer
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I got the same problem today in my s20 ultra which is snapdragon version bought it from Korea.. i think its software issue. Recently i got an software update..after that i got this problem.. hardware fault can't occur for all users in all over the world.. Samsung should look into this issue seriously otherwise they will lose customer... i am Samsung s series user since s3. This is 1st time i am disappointed with Samsung.
_Sayujya_
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Mm
Nasheer
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Reason for the issue has found. This happens due to device getting wet or heavy physical stress over the display (keeping the device in pant pocket for long time). S20 series are water resistant but it doesn't does that job. I visited samsung service center for this issue and they said my phone's display chip was wet. They cleaned and made dry.. now my phone display functioning well same as before. But scan lines appears for sometimes and then comes back to normal. Advice from service technician-- not to make phone wet,no physical stress over the display .