Original topic:

MULTIPLE ISSUES S20 FE 5G

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 09:16 PM)
Kai08
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung,

Been using the 5G variant of the S20FE for a few months now and here are my issues/suggestions :

1. Battery backup used to be excellent till ONEUI 3.0 but since 3.1, the backup is poor.
On a single charge, used to get about 20h total with about 6.5-7.5h SOT but now only getting about 16-17h total time with 4-5h SOT. 
PLEASE FIX THIS .

2. Since 3.1 update, you guys are aggressively killing background apps to save battery, but this has only been doing worse. Now accubattery app will get cut from reading battery stats every now and then. Sadder fact is the fact that inspite of killing processes, battery backup has only got worse.

3. Please enable the 3x telephoto camera to snap potraits, it will definitely click better portraits than the normal camera when there is enough light. Atleast give us the option to use both. If this can be enabled on the S20s, why not the FE?

4. This being an HDR10 display, I dont understand why only Netflix won't support HDR10 on this device, please get it sorted with Netflix, as it is no good if we can't watch HDR10 content on a big name like Netflix.

5. The UI sometimes feels clunky at times, it feels poorly optimised, to an extend where at times, it does not even feel like a 120Hz display. It not a hardware issue at all, its just poorly optimised UI & animations.

6. Camera Launch Delay. For this type of high end spec phone, the 2-3s camera delay is unacceptable. Please fix it

Otherwise, I love this phone. Excellent display, great cameras, good battery life(bring it back?) ,great stereo speakers.
I never had any touch issues on my phone.

I believe all of the above issues I stated can be fixed by a Software update. And please do not reply to this post with the generic "reset your phone", "wipe cache" n all that stuff coz I already did all of that.

Hope that you will see this post and take notes.

Yours Truly, 
Fan of the Fan Edition
11 Comments
akgfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
since battery degrades with time so you won't get same backup. don't install any battety monitoring app bcz you will put your mind in battery and not using it. netflix supports HDR.
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
1. My S20FE has not aged that much for battery degradation. It was only released like 6 months ago , so nope , that is not the case here.

2. Accubattery is a useful tool to know what draws the battery more, recently I figured out it was losing much more battery with screen off hence why Im getting poor back up. Im not obsessed with numbers but that app helps me get to know why im facing lower battery.

3. And Netflix definitely does not support HDR. We are talking about S20FE not S20.
akgfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
does your video in youtube supports HRD ?
0 Likes
akgfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
HDR !
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes. S20FE supports HDR in all other platforms except Netflix. This is because for some reason Netflix has not certified this device. Im sure Samsung can get it done.
0 Likes
akgfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
it's netflix issue.
0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sure is! Why arent they certifying this device I have no idea
0 Likes
akgfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
on an avg usage this is the battery backup of S20, S20FE should get bit more

SmartSelect_20210410-211551_AccuBattery_22494.jpg

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes