Original topic:

Low ISO in Camera 2 API on S10 lite

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 03:57 PM)
asap2o2
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

There seems to be a problem with having a low ISO while using manual mode on the S10 Lite, when using third party apps, the limit is only 1454, while when using the official samsung camera manual mode, the limit is only 800 ISO. However, when using auto mode the ISO is able to go as high as 4000+ ISO. Would be greatly aprecciated if this could be fixed to enable Camera 2 API to heighten the ISO limit.

Screenshot_20200603-032757_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20200603-032805_Manual Cam.jpg

4 Comments
Galaxy S
umm give this as a feedback in this app. if its a software issue Samsung will help you out
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Clear camera application data.
Settings >Apps >Camera >Storage >Clear Data.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
rishabh_0007
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I had the same problem and it didn't resolve it.

I also noticed that when i take pics in low light the camera shutter speed is stuck at 1/6 seconds. It never goes below it. When it gets darker it just pumps up the ISO upto 11000! The pics are just so trash because of this. My 3 years old pixel 2 takes so much better pics even having an inferior hardware. The point is, dear samsung, just let the shutter speed go slower to capture more light in spite of cranking up the ISO. To make things worse the pro mode doesn't allow us to control the shutter speed. 

0 Likes
rishabh_0007
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

One more thing Samsung. The exposure compensation do absolutely nothing in camera pro mode. I took many pics by changing exposure compensation only to notice no difference at all.

0 Likes