Original topic:

Live Message for Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 01-19-2018 08:06 PM)
Akash4251
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

Since the day I saw live messaging on the note 8, I was concerned if it works with the galaxy s8. I saw tye youtube video about the same and was astonished with the fact that it definitely works with the s8.

I followed the same procedure and found out that for me it will not work. Here is the problem:

Live message app downloads with three apk files. We have to install them all to make it work. However, Out of the three apks, apart from the one for live message itself other two apks will not install. It clearly says app not installed every time.

However, i get an option for live message live message on my keyboard. But then i gat a dialogue box saying live message stopped working.

please help.
0 Likes
12 Comments
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
It works on Oreo beta 3, but the frame rate is kinda awful. Update your phone if you're on Nougat or beta 2.
0 Likes
Akash4251
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
How do i update? It isnt showing any update available. It is running on 8.0.0
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Have you installed an update released last week with a size around ~550mb? That one's the beta 3, and apparently the live message APK seems to be working for everyone on that update according to posts on beta forum
0 Likes
Akash4251
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I checked with the updates available and it says that your device is up to date. Yes i did install but even after that it did not work. Today i formatted my phone and dont have any pending updates. It shows android version 8.0.0 and still the live message does not work.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Well there's no guarantee that it should work for everyone as it's not released officially. I guess you're just unlucky.

For the last try, uninstall all the apks you tried previously and install this one - https://dl.sammobile.com/apk/livemessage/com.samsung.android.service.livedrawing_1.2.12.apk
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Join Note 8 Indian Telegram Group

https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkAYfNQcXiOLCes0vg

180+ Members
0 Likes
Akash4251
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
okay if you say so. But how do i uninstall apks?
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Settings > Applications, go through the list and uninstall
0 Likes
Akash4251
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hey mate
i tried. but it says app not installed.
0 Likes