Original topic:

Last nail on coffin ⚰️ for Gear VR

(Topic created on: 01-29-2022 01:56 PM)
dil4
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My son was enjoying his VR with Samsung S10 plus but Samsungs last update made him cry 😢. Sadly the VR cannot be used anymore. Samsung being a multi billion dollar company must have an app or partner with a VR app to get this Oculus VR working again? It's a shame. You have left millions of your users sad and annoying. Please find a solution.
8 Comments
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Usually after any system upgrades issues come out

Hope it get fixed soon
0 Likes
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
That's weird !!

I just read on xda

“Since you’re an owner and active user of Gear VR, we wanted to inform you of some upcoming changes for the product. Android 12 for the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, and S10 5G will begin rolling out in December, 2021, and Gear VR will no longer be supported on devices that update to Android 12. If you wish to continue using Gear VR with the listed devices, please do not update your phone OS.”

0 Likes
dil4
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wish Samsung could have prompted the same message just before the update; instead, after updating and installation, the user gets the message to uninstall oculus as it is not supported anymore. What an idiotic and foolishness. What a waste of money purchasing the gear vs. and apps. Can't Samsung afford to make an app to help the millions of people use these devices rather than making them obsolete? Wow, what a way to lose valuable customers 👏. Good luck, samsung and its marketing team.
dil4
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung is going to pay a big price for this silly mistake.
mZoOnY
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Although you can always downgrade using 4_FILES FIRMWARE

TAKE TO ANY PHONE STORE OR ANYONE GOT EXPERIENCE WITH IT
0 Likes
MartinEk
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Yup. Been Samsung faithful for over two decades but if they don't refund both my s10+ and my gear vr set, I'm never buying Samsung again. That includes SSD drives, TVs and computer screens.

dil4
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Me too I use a Samsung pc. TV. Laptop. Washing machines fridges and since S4 to S10+.
All I need is an app to open the gear VR and experience it. Does not have to be oculus. A billion-dollar company is fooling us the loyal customers. We will need to file a petition online.
MartinEk
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I've been in contact with Samsung support the last week and they've been swift in replying and sticking to the "the update is voluntary" response, but my last question was "will Knox keep letting Samsung Pay work without security updates, because Samsung Pay is one of the features relevant to my purchase" and they haven't answered for several days. I'm guessing it's a difficult question...