Original topic:

Keyboard Swiping Bug after April Update S22

(Topic created on: 04-21-2022 11:09 AM)
DaRealKing
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So after the april update the swipe gesture is not working correctly on any keyboard. While swiping, the swipe stops and switches to another word and it happens at random creating annoying words that I do not want to type and I go back and retype the message again. 
Also sometimes when I swipe too fast, it will stop halfway from the word i wanna type and start with the other word mid swipe. 
Am I the only one facing this issue? 
7 Comments
ksnaruka
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am planning to buy new smartphone..can I go with s22 or iphone13 suna h s22 m heating issue h or battery back up Kam h..is it true
0 Likes
DaRealKing
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It all depends on your usage tbh. There isn't a lot of heating issues in my case. I use my phone to click a lot of pictures, social media and basic editing, not a lot of heavy work.. battery backup is less yes i charge my phone in my morning by 8am and then i need to charge it again by 10pm in the night or so.. my phone got updated to the may security patch just yesterday so there are slight improvements in the battery backup.. but apple or samsung is your call.. if your usage has to do more with camera or photos.. I'd say s22 cause the s22 has a 3 camera setup with a main, wide and telephoto whereas the iPhone has a main and wide.. I'm happy with my purchase tbh xD
0 Likes
LastThird
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

No, you are not the only one. I actually just bought my phone in mid-April, so it got the update almost immediately; I had nothing to compare against, so I thought it was a problem with the phone itself.

Quick question though: which keyboard are you using (e.g. Samsung Keyboard; GBoard; SwiftKey; other)?

I've found that it seems to be more common when swiping a word takes the gesture to the right edge of the screen/keyboard, but if I slow waaaay down and swipe very deliberately, it doesn't prematurely complete words as often.

0 Likes
DaRealKing
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've tried the samsung keyboard, gboard and swiftkey. I'm facing this issue with all. I primarily use gboard though.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support 

0 Likes
Veriaki
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

For those still facing that issue: Change refresh rate to 60hz, this fixed that issue for me.

0 Likes
szerwony
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Yesterday I bought S21 FE 5G and I'm facing the same issue. Did you manage to fix it?

0 Likes