Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Istore offers more trade in

(Topic created on: 01-20-2024 06:40 PM)
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Seriously samsung trade in vs istore for samsung galaxy s21 ultra, how do you expect to keep your customers?

Istore

Samsung store

Yet does apple also have more stores in south africa than samsung. Witbank highveld mall has an istore,yet no samsung store! Samsung has no contract deals online whereas on istore online store you can get al 3 major cellular stores and icare free for a year. Samsung charge R499 for samsung care.Samsung members app is a good idea,but No moderators even read what customers write on the members app. Istore still keeps their reputation as per standard like the rest of the world. Samsung south africa just feels nothing and runs it like a tuck shop, most handsets does not even appear online and gives you suggestions like incredible connection or vodacom where you can buy it and absolutely no option to select a cellular provider as it appears to be only mobicredit, or standard bank just like you buy furniture. Who can pay off a R34000 cellphone off in 6 months and you still have to go to the cellular shop to get a sim card and data and airtime. This is the 3rd year I complain about this. I went on the korean samsung online store and the business model is completely different and is on the same level as istore. 10 years from now iphone is going to win over all samsung customers, an you can count on it! Samsung has amazing products, better than iphone, but the service does not do the product justice. Soon samsung will just sell their phones that is under R5000 the rest you will have to order overseas,mark my words,that's the future of samsung south africa. Iphone starts at R9000 and that is the only void samsung will fill. Just think of it. Buy an iphone once off cash and if you trade in with those generous trade in deals you can have a new iPhone every year and no installment! I prefer samsung, but for this reason I consider switching 
19 Comments
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
This is very true, but don't you agree it can be so much sweeter if they just offer in store upgrades on cellular providers, more stores ,sell computers like samsung in the the rest of the world or like istore. Someone is needed to improve their website as well and actually have all their products online and not just a where to buy option!
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I wish samsung korea can come visit all the samsung stores in south africa and do some changes
overgaming
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I agree
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I've complained 3 years ago about the online store that only has a where to buy tab instead of the device in store, and we are still on that boat,you are just like the south african government. I will file a compliant letter to hello Peter and samsung korea how pathetic south african online stores and stores is
Sammy1023
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
There are a few things to keep in mind here: at the istore your trade in will only give you credit on a new iPhone bought at the istore. A new 15 Pro Max costs R32500 right now. Samsung gives you cash, a new S24 Ultra on takealot today is R25500 (with the discount code). So you might be getting more for your trade in at the istore, but you're also paying a lot more. The only thing Apple does better is software updates (like way better) but otherwise I would say the S24 (S23/22/21) Ultra is a much better phone.
Also keep in mind for any S or Z series phone launch at the moment Samsung gives a flat R10 000 back for a high end (and some mid range) Samsung, Huawei or iPhones from the last few years even if the screen is broken, so if you're upgrading, now is the time to do it. The trade in is done online and they collect for free so you don't need to go into a Samsung store or buy from the Samsung store to take advantage (it just has to be purchased from one of the networks or a major SA retailer like takealot or Makro).

(Though personally I'm keeping my S22 Ultra for at least a year or two more and then I'll probably go to the new foldables from Honor or Oppo).
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Very good statement, I agree to some degree. I did a little exercise. I picked the iphone 14 pro max and checked what deals they offer on trade in. Iphone 14 Pro max gets a generous R19000 still. So I pay R1300 still on my samsung s21 ultra, so if I had the cash and buy the iphone 15 pro max cash and trade it next year, R19000 is guaranteed at the least if no dents and scratches. So I can have a new iPhone every year. Look the idea is to start your kids with a bottom of the range iphone and each year they can do a step higher, you get the idea. What still puzzles me is, the poor online store and still no computers like the rest of the world. From a repairability perspective the 15 pro max is better than the samsung s24 ultra as you can easily repair everything once the screen is heated up and the pentelope screws are removed battery and screen can be done with no damage to the ip 68 rating and little effort, but with samsung you replace the entire body with a screen damage and the battery does not remove so easily, considering all is done by the OEM ad you don't want screen or battery warning on the iphone
Sammy1023
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You'll probably still get R10 000 for an S20 even scratched up and cracked screen (though we'll see when they provide details on this year's offer). The Samsung trade in is built on the idea you're upgrading every few years which to me makes more sense than upgrading every year. I would question the sanity of someone with an S23 Ultra getting an S24 Ultra. That said this is a special offer, Apple gets some credit for their trade-ins being a regular offer.
0 Likes
overgaming
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
On amazon .com there is good deal for s24 1705825419195_1705825419186_0.jpg
0 Likes
Sammy1023
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The deal on takealot and Makro is way better and you'll get full warranty support.
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
This is not the ultra