Original topic:

Is my S21FE unlocked?

(Topic created on: 03-19-2023 02:56 PM)
ImMaheshS
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Hi memebers,
I brought my S21FE in India..planning to travel USA for 2 weeks. Want to know if my S21FE is unlocked so that I can use USA sim there..like T-Mobile or AT&T sim.

4 Comments
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's unlocked but only for Indian sim cards (I'm not confirmed, so you may double check, or get information from the Internet)
The thing is that operators in india have opted for standalone & non standalone 5G networks, whereas outside india in other countries mmWave 5G is being used in the only form of 5G. That's why the devices you purchase in india will not work with other country's operators bcoz their software has only been enabled for standalone & non standalone 5G networks, not mmWave 5G networks...
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
All Indian devices are unlocked, but the first call should be made only with an Indian SIM card. As long as you have done that, you're good to go.
AGalaxyuser
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
According to Samsung you should use Indian sim first to activate your device. Later you can use any other country sim I guess!
ImMaheshS
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am already using device india from 5 months..so activation using india Sim looks no issues. if 5g has band issues in USA I hope 4G can be used
0 Likes