Original topic:

Is my S20+ restarting at midnight?!

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 10:24 AM)
lKasl
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Ok I don't know if my S20+ is restarting at midnight or not. Every morning when I wake up and try to unlock my phone it ask me the pattern.  Face unlock and fingerprint is not available then like it does after restart. But after unlocking the phone I don't see the "Phone is Starting" thing. Also Auto Restart is truned off in settings. Is this normal because it doesn't happens to my Nokia 7 plus. Kinda confuse here🤔
12 Comments
GunnerBomb
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
This ensures that ur phone is secure.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Your phine definitely restarts. But you don't see the "Phone is starting" thing because the phone has been turned on long enough to start itself properly. Also, it should not happen if auto restart is turned off.
0 Likes
lKasl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
hmm this is weird. Because it only happens at mid night. if It stays Idle for hours during day time it doesn't happen.
0 Likes
Jyotirmoy94
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Same thing happening with my S20. I believe this is recent security measure that they've adopted wherein the phone locks after certain hours and you have to enter your passcode or pattern to unlock. A little annoying, but not a big deal to me personally..
0 Likes
lKasl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If this is just a security measure then it's fine. but If my device is restarting then there's something wrong
0 Likes
Jyotirmoy94
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't think the phone is restarting. It just needs a manual unlock after some hours. That's what I understand.
0 Likes
lKasl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If that's the case then I'm ok with it
0 Likes
lKasl
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well I just search on Google and found last year a lot of s10 and s10+ users faced the same issue. It says it happens if the Auto optimization is On. I just checked my settings and Auto optimization is scheduled at 3 AM every night. Gonna check if same thing happens when Auto optimization is off
0 Likes
neelptl20702
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Go to device Settings > Device care > three dotted Menu > Advanced > Auto Restart.

it's a feature to Optimize your phone but If it is turn off then you should give feedback in help Tab
0 Likes