Original topic:

Indexing contacts

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 06:23 PM)
adminvbp
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Getting above message since last some days ???
39 Comments
Galaxy S
Your contacts are being indexed in the phone app so that you have ease in searching, just by typing the first few letters and the names will be suggested accordingly.
Give few time for the same and it'll be done.

Thank you.
(If it solves your issue then tap on the three dots and accept solution so as to help others too)
sshayss
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Having the same issue.  Please let me know if you figure it out.  I have deleted by ActiveSync and all other accounts and still have this message.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Indexing isn't an online service or attached to any account.
Its offline and by default present in every app that has the search option.
As explained above, it'll take few days or so to do all the indexing.
sshayss
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It hasn't gone away in a few weeks.   

Hk10
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

This problem still remains after several weeks

0 Likes
Adu1234
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
How long will they take ? I'm tired of searching contacts by first few letters while busy and not getting it on top!
0 Likes
KulbirKat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello ,
Its stupid ... months and no respite. Think Samsung does not know hownto fix it I am sick and may dump samsung
0 Likes
Samsungung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi,

This does not work.

Example, find: Nan

First comes up about 25 contacts that alphabetically start with other letters before "N" and ignores Nan Home. I get Ananth, Anant, Auke Nan, anyone I saved as x/y/z "KohphagNAN" 

Is there a way to change it, I'm not doing a google search for random things, I usually know the first words. This happens every single time I search for anyone and would be a great thing to fix! :) 

0 Likes
Members_geBLGqk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It's been weeks after new uodate. The issue is not going off.

Indexing needs online services to segregated the Metadata also called search properties based on configuration pushed by Samsung.

0 Likes