Did you mean: 

Original topic:

In app advertising (Samsung apps)

(Topic created on: 02-12-2021 03:37 PM)
Krsna108
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm a bit annoyed at continued samsing advertising while using any of the samsung apps. I use the Samsung health app frequently and each time there is a banner add and it keeps changing and neither can I get rid of it even after changing all marketing settings across the device . 
I did a quick search to find its really not possible completely switch off....
SAMSUNG why do you do this.... this is my phone I paid for... I didn't pay to be billboard at every opportunity while using your apps or product... please let's understand and find a way forward. 

Yes I know the difference between the types of advertisements while browsing and tracking etc... but this form of hidden advertisements spread in all your Samsung apps is just annoying 🙄 and wrong ! 
2 Comments
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Krsna108 from your inquiry we understand that you are encountering ads on Samsung Phone. 

In order to solve this issue, please follow the steps below: 

1. Install the “AdBlock for Samsung Internet” application from the Google Play store. (you may go to Internet > 3 vertical dots or More > Extensions > Content Blockers > AdBlock for Samsung Internet) 

2. Open the Samsung Internet for Android browser > More > Extensions > Content Blockers > Enable the desired blocker 

3. If more than one content blocking app is installed, you will have the option to choose which one to use (the only one can be selected). 

If you encounter any other unexpected situation or have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

0 Likes
Krsna108
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it's a ad in your Apps ,not ads while I browse.. look at the attached . every so often Samsung is pitching a new offer to me ....
I don't need an ad block while I browse, I've got no issue there ...
even after I've set the health app to stop sending ads I get it .

Screenshot_20210212-153430_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-153434_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes