Original topic:

I'm facing a big display discolouration problem after a software update

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 09:13 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
After a software update on my Samsung S9 Plus phone, the display came to a yellow tint. In low light, the black background looks like a small red& yellow colour.I showed it to the service center, he said that the display should be changed but the phone has not yet fallen down from my hands.anyone was facing the same issue.pls tell mee how to solve this problem
9 Comments
rguerreirolara
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue. After the last update my display shows a greyish black and gradient banding. Any advice to solve this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i have no idea for this
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
mere bhi last update ke bad display burn ki problem aai he
0 Likes
Samsung_Prabhjot
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The same incident happened with me.. I was updating my phone on 3/7/2020.. While the update was getting installed, the screen started flickering and started behaving abruptly.. I am unable to use my phone ever since.. Going to the service centre didn't give me a resolution because they didn't even look into the matter and suggested a new display at a whopping price of 17k..

My phone was well kept and there was no accident as such so how could a hardware fault rise..

Samsung is into something very fishy...A new tactic to promote the sale of new flagships by raising issues in the latest update for s9 plus..

0 Likes
Bissu1234
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also facing the same issue. My display is totally black if brightness is in between 20 to 90. its suddenly happens in my mobile without any physical accident.
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Adjust the brightness
Settings > Display > Adjust the brightness.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
they said you phone need to check physically in service centre.But they said you need to change display
0 Likes
DivyeshJain
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
same here I am too facing the same issue and got the same reply
now here is the only solution you should never ever from now trust samsung phone specially the S series because the same I faced in s5mini than in s7 edge and now in s9 I am never ever gona purchase samung from now in my life it costs too much and than these problems
0 Likes
sarunvarkala
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am facing the same issue
0 Likes