Original topic:

I cannot set up a pin or finger print or face ID for my S20 FE

(Topic created on: 12-15-2020 10:48 AM)
khalid_82qtr
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

When I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE using the December 2020 auto update from Samsung, I couldn't log in to my device as everytime I entered the pin code and the device no longer recognised it. Then I did a factory reset by visiting samsung service center. Now the phone doesn't allow me set up a new pin. Everytime I tried to do so, it showed the following message:  

Screen lock was already changed. Try again with new Screen lock."
I took it back to samsung service center in Qatar but they were unable to resolve the problem and the told me it was rare problem for them!

Can anyone help me please?
7 Comments
TusharTank
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Install flash Os using odin,
0 Likes
Clhona
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hello,same problem here. I wrote to Samsung and they told me to reset the phone (I told them I already did it 🤨).

Today I brought my phone where I bought it, and they will completely flash the memory but I need the phone so I can let them have it in a week.

So, am I suppose not to install the update after that?

There is a discussion in this forum with the exact same problem from last year.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Discussions/screen-lock-was-already-changed-Try-again-with-a-new...

I guess the solution is another patch from Samsung 🤷. 

Hopefully someone of them will read this.

Chears

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Clhona
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

hi, I did the process with Samsung Membership but still no replay.

I don't understand how with such a new phone and just one small update, I don't read all having this problem but only me and one person in Qatar.

Cheers

0 Likes
Hays
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

In france, the same problem! S20fe

I have no solution...

Please, can you help me??

0 Likes
Mikkelfox
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the exact same problem, it is incredibly frustrating! 

* 16.01 My camera wouldn't start, so I rebooted

* 16.01 After reboot, the phone would not accept (it did not even try to process) the pin number I entered, which I am 100% sure was correct. When I wrote wrong PIN, i did not receive error either. Screen just went black and I had to start from the beginning

* 17.01 I ended up performing a factory reset

* 17.01 I still can not set a PIN, pattern or passphrase for the secure screen lock, and such I am not able to activate biometric login alternatives after the factory reset. 

Really wish my employer was not locked in to Samsung phones, but here we are.  Please help with this issue!

0 Likes
fpidtala
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Out of no where my phone SAMSUNG S20 FE was not responding to the pin and the OK key was not working. This S 20 FE phone is a brand new and had it only for 20 days from 8January 2021.

couldn't log in to my device as every time I entered the pin code and the device no longer recognised it. I had to factory reset after online search about this issue. Now the phone doesn't allow me set up a new pin. Every time I tried to do so, it showed the following message.

Screen lock was already changed. Try again with new Screen lock."
I was on a holiday and lost all my pictures and videos and messages  I had taken from the holiday.
Now I don't have security screen lock on my phone which is unsafe and very frustrating.
Samsung Please advise !

0 Likes