Original topic:

How do you draw shapes on a picture?

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 07:05 PM)
A00N
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Galaxy device and would like to draw a circle on a picture, to highlight that portion. I also want to change the color to highlight different things. How do I do this?

18 Comments
A00N
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
sir,if I solved your query then please click on 3 dots of my comments and accept my solution...it's also necessary in Samsung members app
0 Likes
A00N
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Actually, I got it. But this was not exactly what I wanted. Thanks for helping.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To draw shapes on a picture you need to :: Go to Gallery>> pick the photo>>click on edit>>drawing>>pen>>choose the pen accordingly>>set the color>>and draw accordingly >>then apply>>then save.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
stretchymantis
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The above answer isn't incorrect. That would be a hand drawn circle, OP wants shape tools with ability to change line coloring and fill. Like Paint on Windows. Samsung has a plethora of useful software bundled with their phones, some of which are quite Advanced, such as 3D scanning, etc... And their photo editing app is quite good. But what's continually surprised me is their lack of basic shapes, again, like Paint on Windows. Why they still haven't added this is beyond me.

Galaxy S
This guide probably requires the latest version of the Samsung Gallery app.

1. Open Gallery and select the photo you want to edit. Click on Edit.

2. Check the bottom of the screen for a toolbar that has "crop", "filter", "stickers" and other options. Swipe right on it till you see a pencil/pen icon, and then click on it.

3. Another toolbar appears, with another pencil/pen icon on its leftmost side. Click on it to get a selection of pens.

4. Choose the pen that looks like a magic wand, and has a star at the top end. Select the colour of the ink and the thickness of the pen's markings.

5. Draw a rough sketch of the shape you want to add to your image on the picture itself.

6. A number of "basic" shapes that resemble your sketch would now be displayed at the top of your screen. Click on the shape you want to use, and your rough sketch will be replaced by that pre-drawn "basic" shape.

7. Move the new shape to its intended location by dragging the window that surrounds it. Use the dots at the three corners of the window to adjust the its size.

8. Use the tick at the bottom right corner of the window enclosing your shape to finish off the process.
casek
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

'Samsung Notes' has an awesome feature where you draw (free-hand) any shape you'd like but after drawing it if you pause and hold the stylus in place with that the app will create the shape (within reason). It's super cool! I thought the 'magic wand' tip above was going to have this feature... But it's really not even close. i.e. If I need a rectangle to mark-up a screenshot I have to use a pillowcase? Lol no thanks... Besides that inconvenience the images/stickers themselves can only be resized to scale.. super useless.

Bring this feature to Samsung Photo Editor and/or to the Screenshot Toolbar. Pretty please 🙏

0 Likes
casek
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I forgot to add the picture. See attached.

Screenshot_20210827-175048_Samsung Notes.jpg

0 Likes
GammatJammat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have Samsung M12 how to draw rectangle on image. Like in crossword solver I want to mark words with rectangle. I found circle and Square but there not rectangle available in my device
0 Likes