Original topic:

High battery usage

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 04:01 PM)
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Guys in my S10 I have seen that when I use spotify app to play music for short time it's consuming more battery in the background compared to Samsung music app which consumes very less battery if I use it for hours. Any solution for this. 
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
put spotify music app into sleeping mood...then play it
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
oh k but I have seen in internet that for all s10 exynos models this issue is there for Snapdragon model there's no issue. I think they need to still optimise for exynos model.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there,

We would like to inform you that the spotify is the data dependent and third party application so it will consume the battery of the device as compared to Samsung application. In order to resolve the battery consumption please follow the below mentioned steps:

> Clear cache of the camera (settings>>apps>>spotify >>storage>>clear data and cache)

> Close the apps running in the background while using the spotify

> Check the update of the application

For further assistance, register your concern in the Samsung members app (Open Samsung members app>click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's alright but I have seen spotify in SD S10 doesn't consume so much battery compared to Exynos S10. So there are high chances that spotify for Exynos S10 is still not properly optimized.
0 Likes