Original topic:

Heating issues with S20 Fe 5g

(Topic created on: 04-21-2021 10:24 AM)
Aleous
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have recently purchased S20 FE 5g. After using it for 2 weeks i have observed unusual increase in thermal of phones.

If the phone is ideal and not using then it is a normal at a room temperature but if i started using it just for 5 min for social media apps it start getting heat up at the top and near the camera module.

is this something usual with SD865 or something i need to change in my settings.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
18 Comments
Galaxy S
Give it some time bro to learn your usage patterns.
Aleous
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
got it. i thought the same thing but im not able to see the text in battery settings that it is learning your usage, so i thought there might be some issue.
i used to get it initially for a week or 10 days but now it does not.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If the issue persists, turn off your phone, press and hold power button and volume up simultaneously until Samsung logo comes up. There use the volume key to navigate to Wipe cache and press power key once. Don't worry your data will be safe. If still heating, please go to Service centre.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Aleous
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your suggestions. Here is the quick update:
1. Change the sim reception to 4g/3g/2g instead of 5g/4g/3g.( as i read on some forums the SD865 does have heating issues with 5g connectivity)
2. Put the high power consumption app to sleep.

these 2 changes made significant difference in battery life and it gave me surprisingly better back up now.

Im still testing some settings, any suggestions from others are always welcome.
Rupesh227
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Where I can find high power consumption app ?
Aleous
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Under:
Settings> Battery and device care > Click on battery > click on the graph> you can limit the usage of app by click on the app and then selecting limit usage.
0 Likes
smeet31
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I am facing same issue...it get heated up in few minutes of normal tasking beside the camera on back side
Aleous
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I thing this is related to 865 itself. This processor is known for heating issues as well. Their are other phones with 865 5g which gives the heating issue as well, i just hope the cpu does not throttle.
0 Likes