Original topic:

HDR CONTENT BRIGHTNESS ISSUE IN S22 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 08-31-2022 02:36 AM)
nizzi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung, Below issues already there in S22 Ultra since my purchase on March 2022, but it got worse in Android 13 One UI 5 i thought that it will improve after the update but the hdr quality of the display got even worst. Please do something. I wrote so many times about brightness issue or display issue in S22 ultra. If the movie or web show is in HDR content whether the app is Netflix or Prime Videos the content is so dark its unwatchable and i am so disappointed to buy S22 Ultra. So many people raised the issue about the HDR content but we still didn't got any update i also watched in youtube the comparision between S22 Ultra, S21 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra among the 3 Note 20 Ultra HDR content was so good but its so bad in S22 Ultra seriously i dont feel like watching any shows or movies in S22 Ultra. So i purchased Xiaomi pad 5 and its far far better than S22 Ultra. Samsung request you to do something and at the earliest.

Please report above issues i am sure everyone is facing it who carrys S22 Ultra. 
7 Comments
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Set the video brightness to Bright under advanced featuresScreenshot_20220831-132128_Settings_22650_1661932288.jpg
0 Likes
nizzi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Already done that checked everything it doesn't work in HDR
0 Likes
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
If u r comparing hdr panel with DOLBY VISION, then mi pad 5 will look better.
0 Likes
nizzi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i know that but the way hdr plays in S22 Ultra literally you cant see anything its so dark
0 Likes
UnicornZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
IDK, May be an issue with ur unit. Even with video brightness off, HDR is perfectly fine for me. Completed stranger things season 4 in S22U and had no problem whatsoever
0 Likes
nizzi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have googled the issue with hdr and lots of people are facing the same issue as me but might be you are exception that u r not facing the issue good. I don't feel like watching hdr content.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes