Guest mode missing

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 10:04 PM)
John71
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Team,

Greetings!

I have addressed one issue in my S9+ phone which is related to its basic security feature.

Today my colleague asked my phone just for an urgent calling as his phone doesn't have enough calling credits. That time I just tried to change my phone in guest mode and surprisingly there is no such feature in Samsung s9+.

Guest mode feature is a very important basic security feature even low end phones are providing in which we can only give access to the guest for some basic features like calling, camera etc.. thus they cannot spy our personal datas.

And Samsung has provided knox like features in there flagships and skipped this small features makes me very disappointed as a Samsung fan.

I hope Samsung will fix this issue in its future updates and retain their customers happily.

Thanks & Regards,
John 
9 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi there,
You can use screen pinning which is much better than guest mode. If you pin a screen, you can't get out of that particular app without entering the device password.
If you still like guest mode, kids mode can provide you a similar experience.
alshamsi85
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
how can we pin the app?1
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
To turn on screenpin, open SETTINGS > BIOMETRICS AND SECURITY > OTHER SECURITY SETTINGS > PIN WINDOWS & turn the toggles ONScreen Pin_0_38609.jpgScreen Pin_1_38610.jpgScreen Pin_2_38611.jpgScreen Pin_3_38608.jpg
MohamedZumry
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

But by pinning the phone app, we cannot make calls. So how can we give another person to make a call ? 🤔

0 Likes
Galaxy S
To pin an app, go to RECENT APPS > tap on the icon of the desired app > PIN THIS APP. To unpin, press and hold the back and recent button together or swipe up and hold from the bottom center of the screen.Pin window_0_38617.jpgPin window_1_38618.jpgPin window_2_38616.jpg
alshamsi85
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
A691
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Thank you for suggesting pinning but it's cannot address my problem. The other day I should give my note 10 to my brother for some hours and it wasn't just a phone call.

Sadly Samsung has removed a lot of good android features. Also, they have deleted the control over apps internet and they ruin their brand.

jwall1848
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Agreed.  Folks keep suggesting the pinning BS, which is like offering wet sawdust in place of real food.  You can eat both, but they're in no way the same.

badal_thecloud
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Must have guest mode