Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Greenish tint in low brightness(S20+)

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 09:52 AM)
inroy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have been seeing greenish tint on my screen (S20+) in low brightness (around 5%) , mostly on grey and similar dark backgrounds (not black). Anyone else facing this problem? If yes, am i eligible for exchange?
P.S. i have contacted samsung care and i have followed every advice they offered (safe mode, factory reset). It's the kind of thing once you notice, you just can't unsee. 
Any help or advice would be appreciated. 
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
then you'll get replacement👍👍👍👍👍
0 Likes
SiddharthCS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Updated the thread. Please check it

0 Likes
inroy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
as decribed here are the photos for reference. you can see a slightly bright green band left to the selfie camera. these photos were taken in a dark room and adaptive brightness was on.
0 Likes
Solution
SiddharthCS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Display aging issue/manufacturing defect.

I'm too facing this issue on my S10 Plus from yesterday.

Get it replaced asap after lockdown.

Updated:

The below thread is posted by someone. But I'm facing the exact issue from yesterday.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/greenish-tint-on-grey-background/td-p/3741579

Display aging issue.png

inroy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks for the advice SiddharthCS.
I also think it's a hardware issue and have followed every advice samsung customer support has advised (reset, safe mode etc). I have seen the link you posted and have found the problem similar to mine.
Do you have any idea whether that guy's screen got replaced?
0 Likes
SiddharthCS
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

It doesn't work I'm facing the same issue. 

The display needs to be replaced.

Check this thread: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/greenish-tint-on-grey-background/td-p/3741579

inroy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Marcjonathan_
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and got my s20 less than a month ago and I have the same issue except mine is only on the topmost part of the screen. Brought it to samsung service center and they wouldn't change the display insisting that it's normal on s20 series. Anyone got recommendations about this? Thanks

0 Likes
rritambhar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Same issue here, Note 10+ (N975F/DS)

Effing hate this green tint and washed out contrast at less than 50% brightness.

Anyone found a workaround ?

0 Likes
Maggie2
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
yea...even I'm also facing ths green tint screen issue......screen color looks like grey or greenish.....but I'm sure it's not in black colour
0 Likes