Original topic:

Green vertical line on my Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 03:01 PM)
Members_IO1NGrQ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

My Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra has started showing green vertical lines on its display out of nowhere. I have done the software upgrade the day before and I thought this might be a bug so I restarted it 2-3 times but no luck.

I have visited Samsung Service center and they told me that exact reason for the sudden appearance of vertical lines is unknown at this moment and replacing display is the only option. No drop, no physical damage or whatsoever so all of sudden this issue has occurred and this is a device problem.

Mine is covered in warranty. What is the guarantee that this issue will not happen again in the future and what happens if the warranty expires as this is completely device problem. This is completely unacceptable from a global brand like Samsung.

I was a **bleep** Samsung fanboy until this issue occurred. Very disappointed

Screenshot_20221201_210805_Settings.jpgIMG-20221201-WA0003.jpg

21 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
This is not the first time or the first flagship device from Samsung facing this. Just search "s20 plus display issue" in the search bar of this app and in Google.(just see the related posts shown under your post for an idea)

There is no guarantee that this issue won't return after the warranty period is over. That's a risk all Samsung users face these days.
narendrapartap
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm very disappointed with team samsung I have samsung s20 ultra and I don't android 13 update till now even the date is being out
0 Likes
Roshan5
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Visit Authorized Samsung Service Center and Replace Display Under Warranty Period free of Cost if no Physical Damage or Liquid Damage.

After Repair.

Sell Your S22 Ultra within Warranty Period and Buy Iphone or VIVO X90 Pro Plus.
nirjon41
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Snapdragon or exynos?
0 Likes
Members_IO1NGrQ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Snapdragon

cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Rajdey
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm from siliguri, west bengal,India. Today I have also faced the problem, a vertical line on the right side of the display. My s22 ultra is 1year 6 month old. Now what to do, I request you dear Samsung if this issue shows in the flagship phones, then what happens in low budget phones . Please help me,the display cost is too much thats not possible to me now to replace...in just 1.6 month phone20230910_115026_1000019769_1694326829.jpg20230910_114903_1000019841_1694326746.jpg
angpoh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I wake up with the same issue on my phone too. 

0 Likes
NazarNazeer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra has started showing vertical lines on its display out of nowhere. 
0 Likes