Original topic:

Green vertical line on S20 plus

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 11:35 PM)
hasitha3rd
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I pre-ordered this Samsung Galaxy S20 plus on March 2020 and using it ever since. Few months back, all of the sudden there was a greeen vertical line appeared on the centre of the screen. I informed it to Samsung and they didn't gave much attention since my warranty has now expired. So I used the device by ignoring this green line. But yesterday, 06th of December 2021 there was a another green line appeared on my screen. This is technically a hardware manufacturing fault. Will samsung give me a solution?

IMG-20211206-WA0008.jpg

hasitha3rd
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks
Members_iV1dXHw
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

All of sudden my mobile got green line in middle can u tell me about issue nd how can I resolve it

0 Likes
Rashila
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think you have to replace the display
0 Likes
asithc
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same thing happened to me and friend of mine phone also. Seems factory fault and samsung good at ignoring these.
0 Likes
hasitha3rd
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I had Galaxy S2, S3, S5, S7 Edge and S20 plus. Flagship phones needs to be in flagship build quality. But this is very disappointing. I will Never buy a Samsung phone again.
0 Likes
Dananjaya 91
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Hi,
Have you got a replacement display from Samsung ? I too got the same issue with my S20+ and this happened right after 1 month after warranty expired.  As this is a production issue Samsung should replace the screen even after the warranty period. 

Kasun95
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes they should do that.
0 Likes
Kasun95
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is happen to me today after 1 year and 3 months? recently i have upgraded to the android 12. I have used the device smoothly.
Dananjaya 91
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

The same happened to me. The lines came after the day i have upgraded to Android 12. Even though this seems like a hardware issue it is really fishy as this happened right after the update. :(

0 Likes
Tharii
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Has anyone got the display replaced ? I have the same issue and I'm wary about going to the Samsung service center cos there are so many bad reviews
0 Likes