Original topic:

Green line on display Galaxy S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 04:29 PM)
NithinChandraJ
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
This morning, I woke up, checked the time, and a few messages suddenly, a bright green line appeared on the screen. Switched to safe mode, and the green line was still there. It seems display issue. Heavily disappointed since I bought it 1 year and 3 months ago. Got Android 12 update 1 hour later and the green line is still there after the upgrade. #galaxys20plus
14 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Unfortunately this seems to be a known issue with the s20 lineup

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/s20-green-lines/td-p/13502821

You can try calling up the customer care and tell them about this.

You can email the team of Ceo and show them this issue and ask for a resolution.

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/email-the-ceo/
Galaxy S

Called Customer Care and they are putting the blame on me that I might have put pressure on the screen, which I am sure I didn't. Screen replacement might cost INR 15-20K. Is it a good idea to go for screen replacement, is it worth spending 20K!?

0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No before spending money, contact the ceo team and ask for resolution. Request them to atleast give some discount because this is a wide spread issue
Galaxy S
Thanks buddy
Lutapi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Welcome to club Nitin same here.Only relief is that the line is lighter
Rajv
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am fighting with Samsung on this. My screen suddenly displaying green lines and feels like Samsung sold inferior product.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
kish0411
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes, yesterday night  i have updated software in S20+ and within 15 min that Green line issue persist. poor customer care they dint take my complaint to resolve as it is not wide spread issue.

i dont know what i have to do

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Since it's a known issue, I mailed the CEO team. They checked my phone and approved a discount for screen replacement.
0 Likes