Original topic:

Green line and screen tint

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 08:39 AM)
ThushiK
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My galaxy S9 screen become tint and green lines start to appear when brightness between 10% to 80%.

Samsung service center told me it is needs to be replace the display. It will cost LKR 55,000.00 (300 USD)

It is a manufacturing defect of Samsung AMOLED display and Samsung refuse to replace at free of cost.

Many users have reported the issue.

I never buy Samsung devices in the future 
12 Comments
Cheers_bruh
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
🤍 They don't even value a flagship customer !
So in my opinion Samsung deserves your decision!
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't have words to say about this issue.. Very disappointed.
Cheers_bruh
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I would prefer High end mid rangers most over Flagships
Cause the problem in Flagships are,
They include Newest, Not much/well tested technology and overloading it with specs that they can think of.
In other hand, High end midrangers have got the most known and developed (may not be so much catchy) but well optimised durable hardware included devices.
This is common for Samsung and most of Chinese producers like (🤢 Vivo,Oppo Redmi )
The producers who so much target on price tag and specs give the most unstable outcomes.
Butin other side Producers like Apple,Google, Nokia, Sony..
They intend to produce the best and most stable specs and not much on price oriented.
And those producers don't have most of Samsung....etc.....does and they are late in new tec but they are the best in every aspects you can think of with decent specs.
To be considered though, they might not hit the benchmarks like Samsung or equivalents.
At last its buyers preference.
(I'm not professional nor experienced for most so i might be wrong to some extent!😕)
0 Likes
ThushiK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am a Samsung flagship user for last 10 years.

My phone ( s9) almost become useless as green tint issue came out worst. this issue reported to S20 ultra too.

now i am thinking to buy a new flagship phone from other manufacturers, unfortunately all have AMOLED displays !!

Can't buy Huawei P40 as no Google services.

Xiaomi Mi10 pro 5G too have Amoled display.

After couple of days market research thinking to go for iPhone 12 though I not much like it.

I never buy Samsung again.

Cheers_bruh
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
what about Sony or Pixel 🤔
0 Likes
ThushiK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
My friend had a Sony and gave numerous issues . Then he landed on Samsung mid range.

other issue is for Sony and Pixel no authorised service center in Sri Lanka.
Cheers_bruh
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I bet Xiaomi is far more worse than Samsung, but If you're looking for the best LCD display you can get with considerable specs its Nokia 8.5 (😕$650, Fully Google with Pure Android) (as nowadays can't find a even midranger without AMOLED)
And softlogic being authorized dealer.
ThushiK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I need a Phone with good camera. otherwise I will go for mid range and anything got wrong easily throw it away.

Samsung and Xiaomi is in top list. Can't consider huawei as no Google services.

Therfore, only option is 🍎
Cheers_bruh
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Good cam too! in Nokia but 🍎 is better in some other aspects as there is a considerable difference in price .
You choice ,Go on for what you love ,Wish you will get what you expect 😊 !