Original topic:

Green Tint in S10e and Bad Customer Service Experience

(Topic created on: 12-21-2020 05:14 PM)
TechZu
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
TL;DR: please don't expect much support from Samsung especially if your phone is beyond warranty. You will end up paying 30% the cost within 1.5 years (my experience)
27Mar21: I did not receive proper support from Samsung. I wrote my final mail today to Samsung and also used their mail to CEO option. Will try uploading it when possible.
- I was an ardent user and supporter of Samsung phones from sgh-600 for 2 decades and not anymore - mainly because of bad treatment and bad customer experience. GOOD BYE SAMSUNG PHONES!

In short, 
-- Samsung will NOT support the phones if they are beyond warranty period.
-- But Samsung will release software patches periodically, which may result in some damage (In my case it was the display and IMO it is a software issue)
-- If there is an issue for the phone because of the software update, customer should replace the display paying 25-30% of the phone cost! No explanations here -U take it or not, and no answers/shielding against recurrence!
-- And customer support from Samsung will take you through mulitple rounds according to the internal protocols! whichever is the route you take!! One can contact Samsung support teamvia different ways.
What an experience!!!

F - Why I believe it is a software issue?
- The erroneous behaviour started immediately after the software update. I am careful about the software I use as I observe it closely.
- This issue is reported by multiple samsung phone users, as I can see from Samsung Members app, as the updates are reaching their phones. Many phones are getting progressively reported. 
- Two seasoned (senior) members from the service center has confirmed me that it is a software issue and they are not in a position to talk this in public.
- Please refer the URL: https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/after-software-upgrading-my-s10-s10e-device-... - It is the same issue I faced and clearly responded by Samsung that it is a software issue.
- The phone boot sequence is (also) having an issue - the samsung/android logos as part of the boot-up do not appear - I believe there is a corruption in that area of core/OS. 
- I have seen the screen with the perfect color more than once and hence there is no pixalating damage happened to the phone (yet)
- I checked the display frequency and is found to be 60HZ, which also is correct 

Timelines of the Issue: 
<<coming soon>>

I am experiencing green tint in my S10e from Oct20 update onwards. My experience with Samsung support is not so good, to tell the least. I will use this thread to keep updating what is going on as comments. 

Note: I will be updating the complete timeliness of my experience here shortly, as I get time. It is a long story and can be helpful for people who are suffering and considering Samsung customer support. I even made suggestions to Samsung based on my experience and I hardly received an acknowledgement. Please come back here for further updates.

Issue Update Status: Announcement updated, timeline updates Pending. 

Current Status: I am waiting to hear from Samsung (support head many mails, mail to cwo - 2 xommunications) re: this issue. 
19/Dec: Screenshots included + 'In short' + 'why I believe it is a software issue?' updated.
24/Dec: shared video and a pic to Samsung beta testing and normal error, as suggested; Will communicate via "mail to ceo" for the third time and also update the timelines within next 2 days

Please feel free to message me if you need any further information. My experience and analysis is shared here with the intention of assistance and warning to the fellow members!, as you can see!!!

17 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
😥
0 Likes
joechristo
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have been facing green tint in my s10e on idle screen (Aod, charging animation and notification) for the past two months.
I'm fed up reporting this to samsung with logs and video multiple times.
They send default replies asking me to send again or saying they are looking on the logs..
No proper fix provided till now.

VideoCapture_20201122-140139_25436.jpg

TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I understand and am in the same boat! please report this issue with the job card reference number to Samsung senior team members such as service head India, ceo etc.
do not expect or keep much hope. but keep it alive by not giving up and providing reminders.

it is sad to see that Samsung is letting its own customers down by causing irrepairable(?) issues to their phones by the software patches and not providing clear direction or communication.

for example, I have other hardware with me which is still working intact without any issue even after 15+ years- not even a single support instance...

I feel cheated and bad by these type of customer support - what I experienced the worst is having no clarity and no communication at all. very bad - no empathy and no communication! this is how you will lose your customers! my family members are scared to carryout a software update after my experience

2 points
1. who cares?
2. if you don't take care of your customers, somebody else will...
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon. To exit safe mode: Restart your device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for the above feedback and I passed all those stages, I visited the SC twice. Now after this, for a display issue which started appearing immediately after a software update and taking me through multiple rounds of worse customer service loops, Samsung had conveyed they will not be supporting my case FOC. Anyways, I will be publishing my timelines what has happened with me so that people are aware of the risks! I will definitely publish the details as part of this issue in few days as I get time, for the benefit of new members who also are getting trapped.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I already have done it more than once. now I am in UI3.0 Beta with the same issue. I am asked to report there as well, which I have done already. Will do it again.

Basically my phone de-coloration started after a software update and as per my analysis it is a software issue. I am keen to know what it is and how to ensure no recurrence.
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I already have done it more than once. now I am in UI3.0 Beta with the same issue. I am asked to report there as well, which I have done already. Will do it again.

Basically my phone de-coloration started after a software update and as per my analysis it is a software issue. I am keen to know what it is and how to ensure no recurrence.

nb: the response was not posted as a reply originally. response posted as reply now and original response deleted.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

We request you to kindly visit the service center for physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes