Original topic:

Green Line After Software Update

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 02:43 PM)
Balatheboss007
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I got a vertical green line in display in my S21 Ultra.
It happened after the OS update. 
I rushed the authorized Samsung service center and they told need to change the display we can't change the display for free of cost. The service center people told me it your fault you must have dropped the phone. So that only the green line is coming. 
Samsung is releasing the OS and I am updating it, why I should suffer in it?
I am asking Samsung to replace the display of free of cost or else will go for consumer complaint but they didn't bother in this issue.

#Samsung mobile 
7 Comments
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Its happening to samsung,Apple, OnePlus etc bcz of the quality of amoled panels samsung provides these days.

Tweet the issue in twitter elaborating your concern several times,you can get it replaced free of cost.
Provided there is no dent or single scratch on the screen on device.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh now the s21 series is also affected? Earlier it was limited to s9 note 20 and s20 series mainly.
0 Likes
nish93
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I got a black spot on the display and was told the same...
Ironically it is near the camera lens and they say I might have dropped it
On the contrary everything is working fine even the front camera and the sensor
0 Likes
Mahesh005
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi, even if the warranty is over they are bound to replace. I have got mine (Galaxy Note 20 Ultra) replaced. Make sure you don't have that many scratches. I have got mine replaced after warranty though i had scratches as I was insisting on going legal route . (Earlier had back glass replaced i was insisting that i fixed the drop so don't put the blame on scratches.)
Be ready to take the legal route if need arises.
0 Likes
Mahesh005
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Maybe if enough guys are able to join we could start a petition on change.org that Samsung should replace screen free of cost scratches or not.
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
balaboi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hai I am facing same issue. I am using samsung s21 ultra display in green line. Samsung service center told display change indian rupees 24750.00 asked.this mistake samsung . Samsung should replace screen free of cost
0 Likes