Original topic:

Great news for Fellow S9 and S9 plus users.

(Topic created on: 11-16-2018 04:24 PM)
Shihaaab
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung has been updating their Good Lock app suite since the initial re-release for Samsung Experience 9.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo, bringing more new features to their phones. With the latest update, Samsung has released a new module called NavStar. NavStar allows users to fully customize the navigation bar on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (running Android 8.1 Oreo or Android Pie beta) and Samsung Galaxy S9 (running the Android Pie beta). As long as you are running Android 8.1+, you can install NavStar and customize the navigation bar on your Samsung Galaxy. The Galaxy Note 9 is one of the few Samsung phones running Android 8.1 Oreo so it’s the only device that doesn’t need to be on the One UI beta to use NavStar. The One UI beta should be starting soon for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+.

NavStar lets you select custom icons for the navigation bar. Some users use apps like Substratum or even the built-in theme service for changing the navigation bar because the default icons are not for everyone. Samsung now allows for you to change your navigation bar icons to one of many built-in choices with the option to use any picture you want. This opens up the customization of the phone much more widely. Samsung has also added the ability for users to add two custom buttons to the navigation bar. There are a few options for utility keys that can be added like a camera shortcut, screen capture, left/right/up/down arrows, and more. You can also shift the navigation bar to the left, right, or center the icons. The centered icons look very similar to how OnePlus has their default 3-button navigation bar option.

This app is available now in the Good Lock 2018 launcher. When you download it, it will show all the apps compatible with your device. On the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, it seems to work on both Android 8.1-based Samsung Experience 9.5 and Android 9 Pie-based One UI. On the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9+, you’ll need the Android Pie-based One UI beta. If you don’t have Good Lock and still want NavStar, you can use this link to install it but you will need to use an app like Activity Launcher to open it.5e23c887-84ca-4fed-a1f0-b5286eff3c21.jpg
11 Comments
GauravK21
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Wow, that's really good move by Samsung.. 🔥🔥
AryamanSharma
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i dont get that update, even the Lockstar isn't there u can see too... (S9+)0c25370b-a484-4960-b392-f02fba9a9f01.jpg
Shihaaab
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It'll come man. Just wait have you updated your app.
0 Likes
RP5054
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
great
pankajur
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
https://youtu.be/C_Z_CwriIuc
0 Likes
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
That's a good news. I will install as soon as i get OneUi beta
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Indian Official Note 9 Telegram Group
https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkv68Wr74rjVf3aKBwccb45d6a-fbc7-4e04-a4c8-1b3521f3ecc0.jpg
7e7ed147-9255-430a-a1fe-7512b23233f5.jpg
immi1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
aryaman Sharma go to my galaxy app check in update ....and u have to enable all features also....
androidguru
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I have been already using NavStar on my Note 9. It's amazing
0 Likes