Original topic:

Gps auto turn on

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 04:43 PM)
khan69
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
In my recent post I had mentioned about overnight battery drain in my S8.
It used to go from 35 - 0% till morning. 
And when I check, location services are turned on by own. I checked at night it was off and every morning it's turning on by its own.
Last night before going to bed my battery was 48% and morning again it was 0. When I switched on, the location/GPS is on again. 

Y the GPS is turning on by its own at night ? 

Also check the screenshot of my battery usage, Android system seems to be eating most of the battery. How to resolve this ? 

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Check whether you are using any apps which is using the GPS services. Go to settings-> Location-> You can see the apps using them.
To permanently to turn of GPS services Go to Settings-> Accounts and Backup-> Choose your Google Account-> Got to Data and Personalisation-> Turn off Location History. Whenever you are using Maps you can Turn it On/Off as per your requirement. If your problem is solved click 3 dots in my first comment on the top right corner and "Accept Solution"
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I forgot where I saw that feature. But here is the thing, In settings there is an option if you inable that your phone will auto turn on your location when battery is critically low so that It can help you to know the last known location of your phone. So check that option and turn it off if u wanna.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
it is under find my mobile.
0 Likes