Original topic:

Google Message battery issue in background

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 11:28 AM)
Jithin_Nath
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi recently I am facing this battery draining issue by Google Message app in the background. My phone is S21+. I thought it could be the problem of general messaging in phone. But when I disabled the Google Message and started using Samsung Message app, there is no issue. Is there anyone else facing same problem with Google Message? 

13 Comments
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Did u try reinstalling it?
0 Likes
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Okay if u disabled it that means it is preloaded. Then you should try cleaning its data. And if possible then please show us the storage usege of that app.
0 Likes
Jithin_Nath
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes it is preloaded. Before disabling I have cleared data. This is what is remaining in storage.Screenshot_20210710-113717_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
But sir data is still there. Such details cant say the reason for now. Please try clearing data too.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yupp google messages takes a lot of resources. Apparently, to enable rcs, you would have to stop battery optimisation of this app.
So, I uninstalled it and currently using the stock message app.
Jithin_Nath
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
How did you uninstalled it? Its a built in app. No option to uninstall. So I disabled it.
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You can uninstall it via adb. It's a bit technical, and moreover, disabling it is the same as uninstalling, just it will be a part of storage.
Jithin_Nath
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok. Thanks bro.
Galaxy S
Put the app in deep sleep
So it xan be solved ! Or use samsung messages as default messaging app