Original topic:

Gaming problem on Galaxy s10 exynos

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 12:23 AM)
Karthik_Reddy03
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am a serious a gamer and do expect some really good performance out of this phone. Its been more than 9 months and samsung just ignores to solve this serious issue. Especially i play PUBG so much.

I enabled the developers options and enabled the GPU watch option which lets me know about the framerate, gpu, cpu usage etc.

There i noticed that it drops from mid 50's to 30 every time and the game is rellay laggy  and choppy. After spending so much no one expects this kind of performance.

There are so many frame drops, overheating and battery draining issues and i feel like throwing away the phone. 

Complaining since i bought the phone and visited the service center multiple times and still no response🤬🤬🤬😡😡.

Its like give money and begging company for better performance. If you can advertise as this is useless phone and not worthy people would not spend money. Please stop doing **bleep** marketing and fooling people.
😡😡😡

I could have bought an iphone which give way far superior performance. 
Nevergoing to buy any samsung product in my life. Seriously even after so many months also no improvement and not going to suggest anyone for buying samsung.

Samsung is useless😡😡.Please dont do **bleep** claims and pay money to youtubers to give **bleep** reviews and waste peoples valuable money. People pay so much by having trust in your company and do this to your customers. 

13 Comments
futureswagop
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
bhai kuch matlab nahi hai india mai do hi option sahi hai budget kam hoto oneplus aur budget jyadaa ho toh iPhone. Samsung ab galti se bhi nahi lungaa. pure disappointment hai bc 😔
0 Likes
Hesham44
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

You said all the things that i really wants to say , Samsung exynous is a really ****ed up phone by all means , i have s10e exynous 9820 playing pubg makes me really wanna crash that phone , i really regret buying a samsung device ....according to the money i paid , that would be the worse thing ever . 

0 Likes
DARK0717
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

over a year from this post, but I bring great news, also a rebuttle for everyone here. The exynos 9820 is NOT a bad chip at all, based on my testing (gaming focused) is that it suffers from a completely stupid thermal throttling issue (maybe poorly optimized code etc).

I had a poco f1 (sd 845) which performed far better when I got the s10e for the first time in literally any game, pubg, world of tanks, etc.

I first discovered that the exynos soc had more potential when i exited pubg (without killing it) and opened it back using its icon in the home screen (not in the task screen), and there it was, momentary 60fps smoothness then it suddenly drops to terrible fps so I had to dig in as to why this happened, clearly there was performance untapped. Disabling auto temperature thingy from that floating gaming button didnt solve it so I dug deeper and I finally came up with the first solution, DVFS, not sure what it stands for but it is incharge of throttling the cpu to either save power or to not overheat the phone, or both, but everywhere suggests its about thermal throttling so it means the exynos throttles waaaaay too fast, or just straight up throttles in anything that is graphically intensive. 
Next step was to root my phone and after a very long search, I got the fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/updated-s10-press-bixby-for-max-brightness-max-gpu-faster-sd-card... -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLmSp5mXsXA (i had a comment there D.A.R.K) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknAv9rcJvA, the first link is the updated version for the 3rd link ...

Just recently I finally got my hands on flashing a custom rom, so I did, I installed lineageos 18, android 11. Everything I did above was just fixed here which makes me conclude that its a ROM issue. Sure the phone heats up a lot, battery is still fine, but I dont even need root anymore, it is working better than it's predecesor sd845 and nearing the sd855 scoring 4,300+ in 3d mark if I remember correctly and the 855 was on 4500 - 4600, I literally destroyed every other exynos 9820 phone by a huge margin of 200 - 800 points which is basically night and day. In the end the exynos is very powerful, just untapped. Snapdragon still better in every way, battery life, thermals, etc, but this just proves that samsung COULD HAVE delivered their promise of a flagship power phone, could, but they didnt. I encourage all of you to root your phones, void ur warranties coz IT IS WORTH DAY AND NIGHT when the knowdledge and freedom comes to actual use.

Additional, stock rom mobile hotspot, I couldnt enable 5ghz hotspot, infact there is not button for it at all, there were just plenty missing, flashing a custom rom made every possible button appear in the phone, just complete bliss of freedom, company phones are sooooo hampered down on their true potential.

0 Likes
DARK0717
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

over a year from this post, but I bring great news, also a rebuttle for everyone here. The exynos 9820 is NOT a bad chip at all, based on my testing (gaming focused) is that it suffers from a completely stupid thermal throttling issue (maybe poorly optimized code etc).

I had a poco f1 (sd 845) which performed far better when I got the s10e for the first time in literally any game, pubg, world of tanks, etc.

I first discovered that the exynos soc had more potential when i exited pubg (without killing it) and opened it back using its icon in the home screen (not in the task screen), and there it was, momentary 60fps smoothness then it suddenly drops to terrible fps so I had to dig in as to why this happened, clearly there was performance untapped. Disabling auto temperature thingy from that floating gaming button didnt solve it so I dug deeper and I finally came up with the first solution, DVFS, not sure what it stands for but it is incharge of throttling the cpu to either save power or to not overheat the phone, or both, but everywhere suggests its about thermal throttling so it means the exynos throttles waaaaay too fast, or just straight up throttles in anything that is graphically intensive. 
Next step was to root my phone and after a very long search, I got the fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/updated-s10-press-bixby-for-max-brightness-max-gpu-faster-sd-card... -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLmSp5mXsXA (i had a comment there D.A.R.K) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknAv9rcJvA, the first link is the updated version for the 3rd link ...

Just recently I finally got my hands on flashing a custom rom, so I did, I installed lineageos 18, android 11. Everything I did above was just fixed here which makes me conclude that its a ROM issue. Sure the phone heats up a lot, battery is still fine, but I dont even need root anymore, it is working better than it's predecesor sd845 and nearing the sd855 scoring 4,300+ in 3d mark if I remember correctly and the 855 was on 4500 - 4600, I literally destroyed every other exynos 9820 phone by a huge margin of 200 - 800 points which is basically night and day. In the end the exynos is very powerful, just untapped. Snapdragon still better in every way, battery life, thermals, etc, but this just proves that samsung COULD HAVE delivered their promise of a flagship power phone, could, but they didnt. I encourage all of you to root your phones, void ur warranties coz IT IS WORTH DAY AND NIGHT when the knowdledge and freedom comes to actual use.

Additional, stock rom mobile hotspot, I couldnt enable 5ghz hotspot, infact there is not button for it at all, there were just plenty missing, flashing a custom rom made every possible button appear in the phone, just complete bliss of freedom, company phones are sooooo hampered down on their true potential.

0 Likes