Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s21+ Green Line issue

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 10:18 AM)
Thaviru
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey! Just encountered a issue yesterday which seems to be common amoung s-series phones.
Yesterday morning everything was fine and the phone was in perfect condition. Randomly, as i took my phone to answer a call a green line appears on the screen. First thought it was a glitch, and restarted it, no hope. 

Researching through i found out it was a common issue. For your information, there was no water damage or any pressure applied on the phone. 

Replacement of the display is also now expensive with the current situation in sl. My warranty period also just got over last month. 

Anyone here also faced tbe same issue? Please do suggest some solutions for this issue. Thank you all!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Hi... this is a common manufacturing issue mainly on S20 series. But sad to hear that ur device also got affected. 😐 Rarely I have seen this on S21 series. So far the only solution is replacing the display.

View solution in context

Solution
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
This is a common hardware problem. I would suggest you go to any service centre to replace your phone screen. If the unit is out of warranty, you must pay for the replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement cost for the original display will be higher. But that's the only solution.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍

View solution in context

30 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Hi... this is a common manufacturing issue mainly on S20 series. But sad to hear that ur device also got affected. 😐 Rarely I have seen this on S21 series. So far the only solution is replacing the display.
Thaviru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah right. Thank you for your suggestion!🙏
Galaxy S
Like ranod ayya's comment need to replace whole display. It is hardware fault 😐
Solution
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
This is a common hardware problem. I would suggest you go to any service centre to replace your phone screen. If the unit is out of warranty, you must pay for the replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement cost for the original display will be higher. But that's the only solution.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍
Thaviru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Replacement of screen seems to be the only solution. Thank you for your suggestion!🙏
Galaxy S
If you are ok with the green line.. my suggestion is to keep the phone as it is. Its not going to do a ton of harm to anything. Display replacement is about 120 - 150K depending on where you ask and honestly I'm not sure if its worth it, especially because the issue arises from poor cooling and this problem will not be addressed even with a display change. Investing in a cheaper newer phone maybe a good option for you to consider as well.
Thaviru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hmmm true tho. Thanks on your opinion!
SonalDeSoysa
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Best solution your display change samsung service center
Warranty tiyeno nm eken hadaganna nodanna shop walata denna epa bn

Thaviru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Wade kiyane warranty giye mase expire una😭 anyways thanks!