Original topic:

Galaxy s10 lite FM radio does not works with any other headphones other than stock Samsung headphone

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 12:10 PM)
febi881
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi All,

I am a regular FM listener and I am facing a annoying trouble with S10 Lite phone. Since the earphones provided with S10 lite is not suitable for my ears I have purchased a USB-c headset jack original Samsung adapter(EE-UC10JUWEGIN) to connect my 3.5 mm headphones, it is working all right with all the audio functionality except the FM radio, it says the connected headset cannot be used as Radio antenna.  I disappointed and contacted Samsung and they said they don't have any other connecters or usb-c headphones for Samsung S10 lite. Then i purchased  "Belkin in-Ear USB-C Headphones w/Mic Control" thinking that the connecter creates the problem and i faced the same issue with the new headset as well. I contacted Samsung customer support they don't have a clue and advised me to contact Samsung service center. I contacted the service center and they confirmed that Radio will only work with Samsung USB-c default headphones provided with set and they could not help further. I read all Samsung user manuals and nowhere i found supported headphone documentation. Any help would be appreciated on to resolve my problem. 

3 Comments
Herman1959
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have the same problem!

0 Likes
Munurudin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem!

0 Likes
Q-easy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It's to do with the way the headhone cable is used as a physical FM antenna. On FM phones with a 3.5mm jack, this can be any minijack headhones. As the S10 lite has no 3.5mm jack, a very specific physical connection to the usb C cable, the screen wire most likely, is made to the compatible earphones. Adaptors to 3.5 jack, or usb C earphones from other vendors would not carry this connection through, as an RF antenna is not part if the spec of usb C earphone audio.

0 Likes